“Beautiful Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Annex Garden Bed & Breakfast and Suites
Ranked #8 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Absolutely amazing. We will definitely be coming back to stay with Roberta again. Beautiful rooms, perfect location, friendly and very helpful staff, not to mention two adorable pugs in residence. Free wifi worked perfectly, tv in room worked well, bathroom was well stocked with towels, robes, hair dryer, even cotton pads and a heated towel rack! The bed was extremely comfortable. Koreatown, chinatown, kensington market all a short walk away. We even walked down to the Eaton centre and the Air Canada Centre! I wholly recommend staying here, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: The Queen room is up a couple of flights of stairs, so if you choose that, be aware!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorrr_c

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed for 5 days and I could only repeat or approve all the reviews that are written about the Annex Garden and I also want to mention the delicious complete differents breakfasts made of homemade recipes every day I stayed. Roberta is always ready to help so we have an excellent stay. Her staff is very nice. Please take note the address is 445 Euclid and Bathurst and Harbords Sts was before Roberta moved a few years ago.
Easy to reach AGO or ROM either by Toronto Public Transportation and when you are tired a taxi is not expensive. I walked many times when I was alone and feeled secure.

Room Tip: By mistake the swimming pool is rated I can not erase. ?? So Please take note . There is no swimmin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Soleil060
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A friend and I had the pleasure of spending two nights at this wonderful B&B recently. The home has been carefully restored to reflect it's old world charm and Roberta's collection of art and her superb hospitality make you feel welcome and comfortable. We walked everywhere and found the location to be perfect for access to downtown, public transportation and restaurants. We stayed in the king room, complete with fireplace, beautiful bathroom and lovely outside porch. The price was very reasonable considering the location, service and amenities. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I very recently spent a week at this wonderful B&B and have nothing but praise for it and the owner Roberta. Before I begin my review let me say that the dogs mentioned in previous articles are the most unobtrusive dogs I have ever met, so don't let the presence of dogs deter you from choosing this beautiful accommodation. One scarcely sees the dogs. They never come into the rooms and unless one is deadly allergic to the presence of dogs it is a pleasure to watch them. They sit in their corner, are small pugs and are quite amusing.

I stayed for 4 nights in the apartment on the third floor and for 3 nights in the apartment on the lower level. Both these apartments are very comfortable, clean and offer a peaceful atmosphere, rare to find in Toronto accommodations. Situated in the Annex, Annex Garden is less than half a block from College St. where one immediately finds TTC Streetcars. The U of Toronto Athletic Bldg and Robarts Library are a ten minute walk away, Little Italy is up the St. and Harbord and Bloor Sts. can be reached with a few minutes walk up the street. Kensington Market and Chinatown are right around the corner.

The apartments are equipped with everything one needs to make simple or elaborate meals in modern kitchens. There are laundry facilities in the upper apartment and right outside the door in the lower one. I did not sample the breakfasts but if they are anything like the rest of the services here I am certain they are delicious.

The bathrooms are modern, spacious, clean, with soap, shampoo, conditioner, plenty of towels and a heated towel rack, as well as nice deep tubs. The bedrooms have plenty of dresser and closet space, as well warm bathrobes. The apartments are moreover equipped with a desk and the WiFi reception is excellent.

Roberta is an informative and accessible host, full of good ideas. This amazing Victorian B&B with its modern amenities is one of the most welcoming and comfortable place I have ever stayed at. I shall definitely come back here on my next visit to Toronto.

Room Tip: Every room is comfortable and has something different to offer.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank julia111Ottawa
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just returned from a short break staying at this wonderful B&B located near the heart of Toronto. Beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and comfortable this B&B meets every travellers need for a place to stay when away from home. The owner is a generous host who made us feel really welcome. Breakfast was delicious with lovely coffee. Thank you, we look forward to staying with you again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013

As a frequenter of B and Bs, I have pretty high standards, and the Annex Garden is by far one of the best I've ever stayed in. The property is beautiful- a lovingly restored and maintained home in a great Toronto neighborhood. I have little tolerance for teddy bears and doilies, and there was nary a bear nor antimacassar in sight. What there was was a large room with beautiful furnishings, a Keurig coffee maker (!!!) a small fridge to keep my wine cold, and the appropriate glasses and implements of destruction with which to enjoy my wine (and cheese), not to mention a private deck on which to enjoy said repast.

That said, if you do not like dogs, or are allergic to them, this is not the place for you, as two of your hosts are adorable pugs, who like to warm the feet of guests during breakfast (which is healthy and delicious). The human hostess is wonderful, too!

The neighborhood is great, too. My husband and I walked everywhere. And when we got tired of walking, we had no trouble taking the street car. In fact, two line stop in close proximity to the property. There are also some really good restaurants right near by.

So if you like comfort, pug dogs, and a spotlessly clean environment, stay here!

Room Tip: The King room has a private deck attached.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rjnewman
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed in the Kings room. This room has its own private balcony. The breakfasts were wonderful.

This place is centrally located, and only a 5 minutes walk to the street car. We enjoyed our stay here.

Make sure you rent a small car, unless you are comfortable parking in tight space.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family