“Good atmosphere & food, but not very accommodating.”
Review of Terroni

Terroni
Reserve with OpenTable
Terroni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 8,648 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Adelaide & Church Street.
Transit: King Subway Station: Walk north one block to Adelaide St East. Walk East along Adelaide . Terroni is located on the South side
“Good atmosphere & food, but not very accommodating.”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This place has great atmosphere and very good pizza. Service was OK but we were made to feel that our requests were a bother. No, they do not serve diet soft drinks, accompany bread with balsamic, or provide any sauce or dip with the otherwise bland calamari fritti. Tut tut for asking! Basic salads with little flavour but the pizza was tasty. I've eaten at several good Italian restaurants across the city but this was the first time a pizza joint tried to tell me how I should enjoy my meal.

1 Thank IR8U

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Great food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I really enjoyed this restaurant; it seems to serve authentic Italian food and is liked by my foodie friends.

The venue is quite interesting as the restaurant is in an old courthouse in which there were jail cells in the basement (now wine cellars) where the washrooms are now located.

Especially great for lunch!

• Visited August 2012
“Noisy”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have lived in Italy and this aint Italy. Food is ok, service is often slow but we find the biggest challenge is the level of noise. The cavernous room amplifies the sound.

Visited June 2012
“AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RESTAURANT”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was born and raised in Italy and I just moved to Toronto 2 years ago for work. It is very difficult to find authentic Italian restaurants outside Italy. Well, Terroni is one of these!
Food and wine are great from taste and quality point of view.
I visited all the locations inToronto and the Los Angeles one, as well. They are all great and menus are slightly different... So you don't get bored!
I usually go once a week (or every 2 weeks) and I feel like home!

I just need to answer to a review posted on June 17th by CaseyandRileysMom:

1. About having butter on bread: in Italy we don't use to spread butter on bread. We just eat bread plain.
2. About having red sauce for dipping the calamari: Italian food usually is not eaten with sauce. Sauce hides the true taste of food!
3. About having parmesan cheese on seafood pasta: absolutely, cheese doesn't go on seafood or fish! It kills seafood taste!

So, I agree with Terroni staff in "defending" Italian food! Terroni is an Italian restaurant and they have to serve ITALIAN food.
A lot of restaurants (apparently Italian) have been modified with North American influences.

So, CaseyandRileysMom if you have been disappointed about the points listed above, probably you were not looking for an Italian restaurant but for a Italo-Canadian one: Toronto is full of those!

DA TERRONI SI MANGIA E SI BEVE BENE! :)

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank EliC78
Toronto, Canada
“The Best in Upscale Italian”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Love the design of the restaurant (and their sister restaurants) and they produce great food, too. Very tasty and not the regular expected Italian menu. I will go back to try many more things here. Would put it on my list of favourite places. It feels special but not uncomfortable.

Visited June 2012