“A fresh set of antlers - deserves a second review”

The Loose Moose Tap & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Loose Moose Tap & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Front and University
Transit: 5 minute walk from Union Station.
Description: Welcome to the new Loose Moose, featuring a brand new menu and the largest draught beer selection in downtown Toronto. Since pouring our first pint in 1989, a lot has changed at The Loose Moose. And yet, so much has remained the same. Our space is different, but our address isn’t. Our business has grown, but we’re still independent. And now, even with the most draught beers downtown, we’re no beer snobs. Never have been. Never will be. After all, staying true to yourself is how you make new friends - and keep old ones. Anyone who’s stopped by The Loose Moose to unwind after work, watch the game or make a night of it will tell you the same.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I reviewed the Moose about a year ago after a really bad lunch with co-workers. Well a return visit for a work lunch has upgraded my review. The place has bEen redone with a beer hall vibe - which believe it or not is a good thing. It feels like good times even at lunch and has great vibe at night. Visitor consider this place - there are some interesting items on the menu and a great list of local beers. Not gourmet and not a bargain - but fairly priced for a location in proximity to Rogers Centre and ACC. Glad they injected some life into this institution that was starting to fade.

1  Thank localguy101

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been here a few times and always enjoy it. Most recently before the Raptors game last Friday night. Downstairs seems to be less of a wait than the upstairs. Good pub food, had wings and split nachos with a friend. The Nachos are very good but if you're not hungry - be careful ordering them, they are HUGE (could be a meal in themselves). Service was ok considering it was pretty busy but the $$ are edging on the higher side.This is always a busy place so it can be hard to find a place to sit. If you're looking for beers and appies before a Raptors, Jays or Leafs game you can't go wrong with the location and food. Its within a couple of blocks of ACC and Rogers center.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Granted, its a sports bar, interesting decor, and I love the table legs. The service was average for a bar, the food was on the low side of average for a bar, the drinks were average for a bar.... all in all... its just a bar. Interior noise was very high, so high that it was difficult to talk over the obnoxious speakers blaring everything everywhere. Not much to recommend it except perhaps for the past glories it seems to have garnered. My visit this past week did not live up to expectations. Average it is.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Visited the loose moose on sunday april 14th after the raptors game with 3 friends...nice atmosphere, really liked the picnic style tables..the themed decorations on the wall were great...as all 4 of us are restaurant cooks we loved the menu and were dissapointed we didn't live in Toronto so we could eat here more often...but when we do come this place will be our new hangout...Our server(robyn) was very helpful with the large selection of beers as well seemed very compftorable making reccomendations based on the varying taste buds of each of us at the table...The food was good...Corney dogs were as expected and the Big A*s Burger with the fried cheese on it still has us drooling...The Nachos seem like a must have on our next visit as it seemed every table had one but us, but after we all downed our burgers we had no room left for a nacho....Great time. Good Food highly reccommend..only critique would be that it took quite some time to settle up our bill but in no way would that hinder us from coming back

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Made a reservation for dinner and drinks with some co-workers here after reading some good reviews of the place. However, when I entered, both hostesses did not acknowledge me. They kept their heads down as if they were reading the menu and I had to approach them to be seated. Our server wasn't very friendly either. When I asked for a recommendation for beer he just pointed out the beer list in the menu. He didn't smile once all night. The food tasted like regular bar food. The atmosphere was good though, lots of people on a Thursday night. I ordinarily do not review bars in my own city, but the service here was so bad for a big establishment that I felt I had to let others know.