“always a pleasure”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The food is always creative & special and very very tasteful. Very French, only better, cause its without the rabbit ears that you might get in Paris. This is my favourite place in Toronto.

1  Thank snowdrenched

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Looking for a new place to try uptown and discovered this cute spot. Quaint room. Lovely menu. Food was good to excellent (dessert!) and really good value. Service was first rate. Would definitely return.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were going to see a movie and needed to find a place to eat nearby on Mt. Pleasant when we came across this terrific little restaurant.
Very pleasant ambiance with wooden floors and white tablecloths on the tables. We were early and the place was empty but the receptionist told us that the street level was all reserved; would we care to go upstairs the upstairs was just as pleasant. Wait staff were very friendly and attentive and listened when we told them that we were planning to go to a movie in about an hour.
The menu was "simple!" It consisted of 7 or 8 appetizers, each for $11 and a similar number of mains all at $25. Your other choice was to do the $40 for a three course meal.
The beet salad appetizer was excellent. We shared it and the chef put it on two plates. It looked nice and was delicious. Our mains were also wonderfully tasty. My wife had steak and frites - loved the frites - done perfectly, and I had the scallops. You could tell that food was created with great are.
I also liked that the menu and the wine list were developed with an eye for local ingredients.

2  Thank Alan S
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Sunday brunch does not offer the best opportunity to rate a restaurant, and a review of a dinner might vary somewhat in detail from this assessment. Simple is a pleasant space; the service was friendly though a bit slow. Our group of four had either Eggs Benedict or an omelette. I had the Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, and found the dish to be very good though a bit too salty for my taste. I shared a chocolate truffle cake for dessert: very good but not perfect, being a bit too firm. The cafe filtre was what it was. I've never been a huge fan of preparing coffee that way, and had I known that is what it would be I would have ordered a cappuccino. All in all, this was an agreeable brunch but not, except for the conversation with our friends, a memorable one.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Food is excellent with fresh local ingredients. Atmosphere great, although it can be a little noisy. Prix fix menu is an excellent deal. Desserts are heavenly as is the beet salad, if you are lucky enough to find it on the menu. Service is great and staff is always very knowledgeable about ingredients and wine paring.
I would recommend it to anyone but book because it is a smallish restaurant, although they do have an upstairs part that they open on busy nights. The restaurant is not open for lunch every day of the week so check if you plan on going there.

2  Thank exploraToronto