“Nice neighbourhood joint”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very nice residential oasis. As mentioned earlier it is small but good enough. Food is made from scratch which separates this place from most larger or chain type restaurants. Food tasty and the neighbourhood is hip. Having grown up in the area many moons ago this is a neat place for an ever changing area. Great place to grab lunch off a busier Queen West and Ossington.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a cute place that sits right on the corner..great people watching while you eat. We went for breakfast on a Sunday morning before heading back to NY. Breakfast burritos were very tasty--very fresh ingredients-and the smoothies looked amazing. It's small here but at the time was not too crowded. Wish we had a little cafe like this at home.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is my second visit, this time for lunch. The place is very small, but the patio was incredibly roomy. We went there before 12pm, and managed to get a table for 5. Great wraps with olives, some vegetarian dishes, poached eggs - Italian style. All freshly made, attentive service, great value for money for the Arts District; a hidden gem. A nice place to meet locals, though there are apparently some tourists from the Drake, Gladstone Hotel, and Indexg B & B who discovered this restaurant as well...

Reviewed February 20, 2012

A simply perfect breakfast/brunch. This delightful Cafe is tiny but charming. The breakfast menu had a variety of organic eggs on toasted englidh muffin or bagle, breakfast wraps, the most delicipus peameal I've had in a long time and the pancakes servied with bananas, pears, yogurt and maple syrup would be a weekend routine of I lived closer. Great coffee. Really great, friendly service. In addition to the piping hot, freshly prepared food, I really liked that the food was local as well as organic when possible. It is situated 1t 181 Dovercourt Road, in a pretty neighborhood. Short walk up from Queen. My new favourite breakfast spot.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have visited the vintage style cafe after reading an article on it. I must say that I was pretty intrigued by the location and the comfortness of the cafe. Not your typical flash style cafe joint. The menu selection was excellent, I went there on a Sunday so my girlfriend and I have decided to have there brunch, which tasted excellent. The price is pretty decent and the service was very good. I would recommend for everybody to check this place out.