“Great sandwich...I'd change the bun, though”
Review of Black Camel

Black Camel
Ranked #533 of 8,512 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Toronto, Canada
“Great sandwich...I'd change the bun, though”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Loved this place. Nice service, great assortment of sandwiches with quality ingredients. My only criticism is the bun. I would say it should be less dense, a little airier, and this sandwich would be perfect in my books! Thanks for a great little sandwich shop!

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Toronto, Canada
“For a sandwich... Its pretty Good!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The briskit was excellent with caramalized onions.The chicken with pesto was just ok.Maybe it was the pesto,Next time I will try the chicken with a different sauce.But overall a good experience.Char.

• Visited June 2013
“Best hot sandwiches in Toronto”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a small place with a few tables and a counter inside, a couple of tables on the sidewalk. The sandwiches are the best I've had in Toronto, my favourite being the brisket with BBQ sauce, onions and mushrooms. Chicken with chipotle sauce is also excellent. You can order to tastes. Nothing fancy and always busy. It's right across the street from Rosedale subway station. On a nice day you can pick up your order and walk across Yonge to Ramsden Park.

• Visited May 2013
toronto
“Sandwich Nirvana”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

You know that you have found the best sandwich in town when there is still a line up ten deep at 1:30. Black Camel in Toronto is a little bit of sandwich heaven across from the Rosedale Subway station. They serve up the BEST brisket, pulled pork, chicken (I think are more, but those are the ones I have had) sandwiches ever. Toppings are numerious.....my favorite is the shredded brisket with Black Camel BBQ sauce, carmalized onions and horseraddish...although sometimes we change it up with dijon. Served up on a perfectly soft bun. Selection of sweets and coffee, soft drinks et al....but it is the sandwich that is star! $12 for sandwich, drink and small bag of designer chips. Wow! This place has been true to its original formula and it shows. Consistenly serving up excellent sandwiches. Way to go Black Camel.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Brisket sandwich... sooo good”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Located directly across the street from Rosedale TTC Station is this tiny little sandwich shop that serves a small; but growing menu of tasty sandwiches on fresh buns.

I have tried the pulled pork and beef brisket, and I must say that while both were excellent I did prefer the brisket (with mushrooms, horseradish, and bbq sauce). If I have someone accompanying me, then usually i'll go with 2 sandwiches and split on a coleslaw (it's the vinaigrette kind, not the creamy kind). It's also here that I got hooked on San Pellegrino Limonata.

While this place is generally a takeout spot, if you go when it's warm enough to be outside, there are two parks located a few steps away where you can take your yummy sandwiches on a picnic. I highly recommend bringing bocce balls along and playing with your one free hand in Ramsden park (sandwich in your other hand).

• Visited October 2012