“Brisket sandwich... sooo good”
Review of Black Camel

Black Camel
Ranked #482 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Located directly across the street from Rosedale TTC Station is this tiny little sandwich shop that serves a small; but growing menu of tasty sandwiches on fresh buns.

I have tried the pulled pork and beef brisket, and I must say that while both were excellent I did prefer the brisket (with mushrooms, horseradish, and bbq sauce). If I have someone accompanying me, then usually i'll go with 2 sandwiches and split on a coleslaw (it's the vinaigrette kind, not the creamy kind). It's also here that I got hooked on San Pellegrino Limonata.

While this place is generally a takeout spot, if you go when it's warm enough to be outside, there are two parks located a few steps away where you can take your yummy sandwiches on a picnic. I highly recommend bringing bocce balls along and playing with your one free hand in Ramsden park (sandwich in your other hand).

Reviewed January 7, 2013

You might find a beef brisket sandwich as good as this somewhere (although I can't think where that might be) but it won't be better.
Cooked for hours (and tastes it). Try it with their various house-made toppings. Best sandwich bread you've tasted -- fresh daily.
There is a reason why Rosedale people park their Range Rovers outside and risk a ticket.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have been a few times and have had the brisket sandwich and the pulled chicken. Both are yummy and very tender. The place is tiny and usually busy and there is not much seating inside so be prepared to wait if you want to eat there, if you are taking out then no problem. Staff is very willing to offer suggestions and explain the menu to you. They do run out so you might want to check ahead.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Located very close to the subway it's very easy to get here. The shop itself is quite small, which is fine when the weather allows for eating outside; however, these sandwiches are so good I would stand in the cold to have one. The brisket is particularly incredible, the meat is very tendered and generously doled out. The choice of sauces and the range of toppings you can add are all worthwhile. Essentially, you must try this place.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I make a point to go to black camel every time I'm in the city, and they never disappoint. Best sandwiches I've ever had. I usually get chicken w pesto, onion, and red peppers. This time I got steak w onion and dijon. It was perfect. The bread is amazing, and it puts the sandwich over the top. I always eat at the park across the street, its just too crowded to eat inside.
It's very close to the rosedale subway stop, so location is great.
I will eat there every time I go to Toronto.