“Best chinese food near Bloor between Bathurst and Kipling”
Review of Westwood Grill

Westwood Grill
Ranked #1,835 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed November 17, 2012

my title makes it sound like this is not such a great place, but from my experience with Chinese restaurants anywhere between Etobicoke and downtown, this is the best place I've found. In fact, I prefer it to some of the more well known places in Chinatown. The food and service are great. Our favourite dishes are the snow pea leaves with garlic and the salt and pepper tofu. The only thing holding me back from marking excellent is that the dim sum are not that good. In fact, we have had instances where dumplings are not fully cooked and were obviously frozen. Not all the menu items are equally good, as they have all the common dishes with varying degrees of "authenticity". We eat here at least once a month. Also, if you can, eat in rather than take out, since many of the dishes taste much better when freshly prepared and served piping out at your table.

There are newer reviews for Westwood Grill

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The food is so fresh and never greasy. I've gotten delivery & eaten in and either one is good! The dinner for 3 is the best! So much food and so yummy. I'm very happy I discovered this place.

1  Thank BossyPotato
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This restaurant has been a regular spot for my family, orange glazed crispy chicken and salt and pepper shrimps are some family favourites.
Dim sum is really fresh and good, also the best lobster I've never eaten, Peking duck, chinese vegetables, soup and many more.

8  Thank 155019Foodlover
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Since we discovered Westwood, my husband and I order from there at least once a week. The menu includes a tasty selection of dim sum along with Thai and Chinese entrees. The restaurant is comfortable and pleasant, the service fast and cheerful, and the food consistently very good with generous portions. The website features online ordering for takeout and delivery. Quick, convenient and always delicious.

1  Thank lwwylam
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Consistent, authentic, never disappoints. The sticky rice and chicken wrapped in lotus leaf is a family favourite!

1  Thank adventurebound_9