“A taste of pleasure !”
Review of Spice Route

Spice Route
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Route is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,832 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: King and Spadina
Transit: Spadina Streetcar at King St West. or King West Streetcar at Brant St.
Description: King Street West's chicest bistro-bar, Spice Route, is Liberty and Ink's most recent undertaking. Impressive in scope, marvelously detailed, laced with drama; the Spice Route pays homage to a phenomemon shrouded in mystery. The experience at Spice Route is sheer bliss. From the moment one enters, the design is relaxing and indulging. The mixture of eclectic Asian decor, mesmerizing music, and distinctive cuisine is the soul of this spot. Rare and immediately captivating, yet subdued in style, meticulous in service yet unpretentious, refined in its culinary approach while offering something to satisfy everyone.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I love this restaurant ! I was in Toronto for 5 days with my boyfriend, and we went there 2 times !
For the first time we accidentally ended up in there, we were just walking pass by looking for places with nice cocktails when we saw this attractive fire(I attached photo so you know what I mean) so we were curious and went in and was greeted with big smile in the reception were the guy told us they were full but we could wait at the bar for table or just eat there, but we were mostly going after drinks so the bar was perfect for us. It was so big inside, and so trendy and fancy ! I welt a little like a important person when I was there, it was that cool ! It was true that they were full, there was a lot people inside! We went straight to the bar, so attractive and nice girl working there, and we then decide to try out the sushi ! We got the cocktails that we ordered, than the sushi and it everything was really good :) That good that we went again the next day!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Me and my girlfriend went here 2 times when we visited Toronto, we had really good sushi and service

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was my first time and last time dining at Spice Route. The large venue had that familiar corporate Asian decor, reasonably pleasant ambiance and friendly staff, but the barely makes the mark for a restaurant that places such a focus on sushi.

The Asian crab cakes seemed absent of any crab and were rubbery, the "asparagus sushi" featured no asparagus (the chef decided cucumber was fine instead, and the wait staff made no effort to explain why). The tempura shrimp in the dragon roll was not crisp or crunchy, but soggy and stale. The only thing that was remotely passable was the salmon sashimi.

So to sum up, I'll quote my friend and dining companion Teresa, who said over the course of dinner, "I've had better food at Mandarin."

1  Thank Rachel H
LibertyEntertainment, Public Relations Manager at Spice Route, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

We're so sorry that your experience at Spice Route didn't meet your expectations. We truly value your feedback and our guest experience is of the utmost importance to us. Please reach out to emily@libertygroup.com so we can connect with you.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

After a long day a fun place for us oldies to spend time in a nice spot full of young people. Even after reserving a table we did nit get one. However, we had a fun evening with family.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

I went to Spice Route with my daughter for dinner. It was described to me as Asian fusion cuisine. We ordered the volcano sushi plate and it was the best sushi I've ever had. My daughter is more of an expert on sushi and she said it was very good. We also ordered the the teriyaki sirloin and chicken chow mein dishes and I enjoyed them as well. Our server Adrian was excellent. The ambiance is great. I enjoyed my time there and would go back for lunch, dinner or drinks.

1  Thank Deanna C