“Years later and I'm still a fan!”
Review of Spice Route

Spice Route
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Route is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,379 of 8,575 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: King and Spadina
Transit: Spadina Streetcar at King St West. or King West Streetcar at Brant St.
Description: King Street West's chicest bistro-bar, Spice Route, is Liberty and Ink's most recent undertaking. Impressive in scope, marvelously detailed, laced with drama; the Spice Route pays homage to a phenomemon shrouded in mystery. The experience at Spice Route is sheer bliss. From the moment one enters, the design is relaxing and indulging. The mixture of eclectic Asian decor, mesmerizing music, and distinctive cuisine is the soul of this spot. Rare and immediately captivating, yet subdued in style, meticulous in service yet unpretentious, refined in its culinary approach while offering something to satisfy everyone.
Vancouver, Canada
“Years later and I'm still a fan!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Spice Route can be hit or miss with service however I love the food here and the prices are very reasonable. 5 stars for location and ambiance. Gets very busy with the after work crowd on Thursday nights - especially in the summer when they have their patio open.

Visited May 2014

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great for large groups, quality/ambiance maintained over the years”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Enjoyed the apps, New York strip loin Korean BBQ style, eggplant, lettuce wraps, seafood tempura, and vegetable pakoras all very good, ambiance was perfect on a long weekend, busy - enjoyed the whole experience, we were there in a large group, loved it. Been here about 3 times in large groups now and experience has been very consistent. This place has become a staple of the King Street West environment, lots of other nice places nearby as well so easy to change it up if something does not suite your fancy, this makes the location very good. Clientele seems to be locals who live in all the new condos in the neighborhood. Service was average, but given how busy it was, I let that one go for now. Bar scene was great, as was the music, making it a little loud for a couples romantic evening. Would highly recommend this place for large groups though as plenty of couches and tables available. Outdoor heated patio looked interesting as well, although we have never actually sat there. All in all a good evening with friends

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“I didn't receive my dinner order”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I experienced Spice Route for the first time on April 12 on a busy Saturday. I was there with a group of 20 celebrating a friends birthday. When it came time to order dinner, our server recommended a duck dish to me. In fact he did a nice job upselling me on the dish, telling me it was the best on the menu. Fast forward 30 minutes later, while others in our group already received their orders, I was waiting patiently for my dinner and a drink. I asked our server for an update on my order and he looked surprised that I didn't receive it yet. He said he would check with the kitchen. Another 20 minutes went by until he came back to the table and I followed up again. He informed me that it was on its way. I was also still waiting for my drink. After waiting for another 10 minutes, I tracked him down in another section of the restaurant and cancelled my order. I was disappointed even further when he didn't offer an explanation or an apology for the lack of service. He also wasn't willing to comp the drinks on my bill. At this point I was starving and had to leave the restaurant and party for the night to eat something. Normally I would have asked for a manager to share my experience with however I didn't want to create a scene at the birthday party and I couldn't find a manager to speak to anyway. What a terrible lack of service and service recovery.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Our first visit was outstanding, our second was a disappointment”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The first time a friend and I went to this place, the food was amazing. I had this shrimp appetizer that was wrapped in a cool coating! It was wasabi like and tasty! The place was busy and a bit noisy but we were determined to come again. The second time we went for lunch. The service was awful. The server argued about the summerlicious menu and the food was tasteless. What a disappointment. I won't be back due to the inconsistency. It is pricy so I would expect more.

• Visited July 2013
“This isn't Toronto”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was totally shocked at just how rude some of the waiting staff at Red Route could be like. Dropped food on us and didn't appologise, even after it was pointed out.

Visited October 2013