“Very good! ”
Review of Spice Route

Spice Route
Reserve with OpenTable
Spice Route is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,319 of 8,575 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: King and Spadina
Transit: Spadina Streetcar at King St West. or King West Streetcar at Brant St.
Description: King Street West's chicest bistro-bar, Spice Route, is Liberty and Ink's most recent undertaking. Impressive in scope, marvelously detailed, laced with drama; the Spice Route pays homage to a phenomemon shrouded in mystery. The experience at Spice Route is sheer bliss. From the moment one enters, the design is relaxing and indulging. The mixture of eclectic Asian decor, mesmerizing music, and distinctive cuisine is the soul of this spot. Rare and immediately captivating, yet subdued in style, meticulous in service yet unpretentious, refined in its culinary approach while offering something to satisfy everyone.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Very good! ”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I was worried about because of a review. But I tried.
Very good food and very gentle staff. Is a good place to sit and enjoy a Asian food. And it's in Downtown.

Miami, Florida
“Did not live up to expectations”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was there last saturday early evening with a group of friends from work, my husband and 7 year old daughter; since we are all foodies, we wanted to go for a meal in a nice place.

Upon arrival, even before they saw we had a child in the group, the greeter seemed angry we were there. No smile and a bad attitude. When we said we had a reservation she pretended like we didn't have one. Ridiculous!

When we were finally allowed in (after 10-15 minutes wait), we loved the decor of the place. Our waiter seemed pushy, but at least had a smile on her face. We placed our orders and honestly, I left the place hungry. I thought the food was going to be amazing, but it wasn't - I had better meals at Rol San Restaurant for dim sum. As soon as she noticed we were done, she started asking if we wanted to order dessert. We looked at the menu and frankfly we didn't feel like spending more money at the place. She came back after 5 minutes asking if we were going to order dessert, basically kicking us out.

I get it, we were not the party-types that were lining up there, but we were paying customers and even though we had a child in tow, it was a well behaved one.

All I can say is: I will not be coming back.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Monique_RS81
Moncton, Canada
“great show... but absolutely no go”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Was wandering around and the restaurant I wanted was not open for lunch, and this place was. The physical setup is remarkable. Ambiance delightful. The waiter was not informed. The soup was average if not forgettable. The dim sum plate for sharing was soggy and tasteless. The surf and turf sliders were good. The wine and beer were good.

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Unique décor, good food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

When we entered the restaurant, we were quite impressed with the very original décor. We ordered a “Lundin Menu”, consisting of, among other things, citrus salad, yam fries, seafood stew, Mongolian beef, spring rolls, noodles, fried rice and lemon chix. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, although the TV sets (which, fortunately, were far from us) were, in my opinion, incompatible with the interior. Since we had a groupon, the price was certainly right.

Overall, it was a very nice place. And yes, do check out the washroom, it is one of a kind!

• Visited October 2012
Toronto
“Girls night out for a Christmas dinner”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

While the ambiance is pretty cool - and the unisex bathrooms with the one way windows into the garden are VERY cool - the service and the food is mediocre at best. I have been a few times - with clients, with girlfriends and on date night with the hubby - been there-done that- probably will be awhile before I head back. Definately a must do once just to check out the bathrooms though!

Visited December 2011