“Fantastic location & great vibe”
Review of Toronto Garden Inn

Toronto Garden Inn
Ranked #7 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Bronx, New York
“Fantastic location & great vibe”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Late August was my first visit to Canada. I wanted to reside in a area that would offer total availability to everything the city of Toronto had to enjoy. That opportunity was made possible with a stay at Toronto Garden Inn. Upon reaching the Inn's location I was greeted by it's innkeeper Bryan who is a great host. The Inn is complete with lovely rooms, cozy beds, very quiet atmosphere, clean & well stocked kitchen with a inviting living area. But the most exciting thing about Toronto Garden Inn is it's accessibility to everything. I don't drive so the public transportation at the corner made my stay an absolute joy and the 10 minute walk to downtown was more than I expected. If you want the best of everything and want a feel like home stay here! I'll be back...!

Room Tip: "Second floor rooms are very quiet'
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Astoria, New York, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Came to Toronto for the first time for a long weekend and had such a great experience at the Toronto Garden Inn! My boyfriend and I stayed in the Trillium room and really enjoyed the private deck and space. The price is very reasonable, especially as it includes an awesome breakfast spread each morning and snacks throughout the day! It is located in a great area, walking distance to all the attractions we wanted to see. Bryan was a lovely host and very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The Trillium room is worth the extra cost for a little extra privacy and a private deck. If you feel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We needed to be in TO during TIFF and appreciated the affordability of this place. No gouging here! Aside from shared bathrooms, it is quiet, clean and centrally located. We parked the car and used TTC and avoided parking and traffic hassles.

Room Tip: We were on third floor. Spacious with balcony but had to navigate steep stairs to get to loo.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jani1954
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed at the Toronto Garden Inn for over 2 weeks during the Toronto film festival and couldn't be happier with the place. Felt like being at home, very quiet, lovely breakfast spread laid out every morning, very laid back feel and Bryan in management was incredibly helpful, friendly and went out of his way to help out and advise in any way he could. My bedrooms was very comfortable, i slept very well and it's located just a 15 minute walk into downtown, or there are streetcar stops literally a stone's throw so incredibly convenient location. I shall definitely return on my next trip to Toronto. Fantastic place!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Begonia and Mimosa, both charming, with great light
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Family wedding in Toronto and Garden Inn proved to be perfect for bringing together all of us. Very helpful management. Even suggested keeping many of the wedding items in our room rather than the car. Any standard hotel would have frowned upon such an idea. Great beds, very quiet, great host, wonderful kitchen and living area to visit with family and other guests staying at the inn. Could not imagine a nicer atmosphere for an adult family get together.

Room Tip: -this is a b and b not a children's place. -Orchid room large very roomy and on main floor ( n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2013

First off, I will sum everything up like this: This is one of the finest accommodations in Toronto! Very clean, affordable, friendly, convenient location and so much more! For summer travelling, the central air conditioning keeps you nice and comfortable even on the hottest days! From now on whenever I go to Toronto I will be staying at The Toronto Garden Inn!

As soon as you get in the front door you feel a very welcoming presence - not only from the manager, Bryan, and other guests, but from the ambiance of the place itself. You feel very comfortable and safe immediately.

Bryan (the manager) is always willing and ready to help you with any questions you may have about your stay and about the city. He is very friendly and welcoming to everyone. Not only was he a great help to me but to all the guests that were staying there.

The breakfast food and all the utensils you need (plates, glasses, cutlery, etc...) were always meticulously set up. A great variety of food was always available for any taste and diet.

My room was very comfortable and peaceful with a very comfortable bed that offered me many perfect sleeps! There is a cable TV in every room, but I was so busy, and enjoying the company of other guests, that I never turned my TV on! It doesn't take long to feel at home, and this of course offers a relaxed setting making nice conversation with other guests happen very quickly.

From my arrival to my departure I was very happy at The Toronto Garden Inn and I did not have one complaint. As I mentioned, whenever I go to Toronto from now on, I will be staying at The Toronto Garden Inn!

Room Tip: The only room without a writing desk is the Mimosa room. It's no issue for myself as I just sat...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael B
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Given door code to let myself in. nice long hot shower and very comfortable bed. slept like i was at home. Helped myself to breakfast all laid out ready the previous evening. About a 20 minute walk to bus station (with 24kg backpack) so really handy. also pass the Eaton Shopping Centre too enroute.

• Stayed September 2013