“Best Accommodations in Toronto”
Review of Toronto Garden Inn

Toronto Garden Inn
Ranked #8 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2013

First off, I will sum everything up like this: This is one of the finest accommodations in Toronto! Very clean, affordable, friendly, convenient location and so much more! For summer travelling, the central air conditioning keeps you nice and comfortable even on the hottest days! From now on whenever I go to Toronto I will be staying at The Toronto Garden Inn!

As soon as you get in the front door you feel a very welcoming presence - not only from the manager, Bryan, and other guests, but from the ambiance of the place itself. You feel very comfortable and safe immediately.

Bryan (the manager) is always willing and ready to help you with any questions you may have about your stay and about the city. He is very friendly and welcoming to everyone. Not only was he a great help to me but to all the guests that were staying there.

The breakfast food and all the utensils you need (plates, glasses, cutlery, etc...) were always meticulously set up. A great variety of food was always available for any taste and diet.

My room was very comfortable and peaceful with a very comfortable bed that offered me many perfect sleeps! There is a cable TV in every room, but I was so busy, and enjoying the company of other guests, that I never turned my TV on! It doesn't take long to feel at home, and this of course offers a relaxed setting making nice conversation with other guests happen very quickly.

From my arrival to my departure I was very happy at The Toronto Garden Inn and I did not have one complaint. As I mentioned, whenever I go to Toronto from now on, I will be staying at The Toronto Garden Inn!

Room Tip: The only room without a writing desk is the Mimosa room. It's no issue for myself as I just sat...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Given door code to let myself in. nice long hot shower and very comfortable bed. slept like i was at home. Helped myself to breakfast all laid out ready the previous evening. About a 20 minute walk to bus station (with 24kg backpack) so really handy. also pass the Eaton Shopping Centre too enroute.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This the perfect stay if you want to be close to interesting things and people.
The area id richly multi-cultural and I had the best meal at a simple Somalian cafe ten minutes walk from the B&B. Ten dollars and you could not have eaten a rice grain more.
The B&B is a delight as is the manager Bryan. You don't often stay at a B&B and then spend one night drinking red wine outside with the B&B's very convivial manager and his neighbours next door. That's what its like here. It's very clean, great breakfast and friendly as you like. It was also a hilarious two day stay: aside from one, all the other guests plus the manager were called Bryan. The House of Bryan is a grand little spot that you will enjoy. Tell Bryan that Bryan sent you.

Room Tip: Tell them you want the one Bryan stayed in.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Recently my partner and I stayed at Toronto Garden Inn for an extended weekend. Bryan, the manager, was very helpful from the start when I booked the visit online in April. Upon arrival everything was a promised, and we found the house to be clean warm and inviting. Bryan provided a great selection of breakfast options presented in a serve-yourself manner in the kitchen where I also enjoyed good company with some of the other guests. Our cozy room in the attic, Trillium, I will certainly reserve again! An added surprise was the warmth of the neighbors in the adjacent restored 1860’s triple townhouse. It makes me look forward to returning to visit good friends now, including the manager, Bryan. Thank you most kindly for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The Trillium Room has a great private veranda on the top floor! I didn't mind walking down the s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Room: We stayed in the Trillion room, the largest room in the attic of the house. Room was cool with fans blowing awhich i8pm, but during the afternoon it was very hot no matter what. (The heat was not a problem in the other rooms with central air.) The back patio (only avail with the Trillion room) was great to kick back with a beer during downtime.

Service/amenities: the guys who take care of the place are great, very friendly and responsive. 2 shared bathrooms which we didn't love but never had problems waiting to get into the bathroom. Areas were clean, breakfast was adequate and had many options. They provided towels and there was shower stuff in the bathrooms.

Location: a block and a half away from the streetcar which was great, right next door to the stop was a convenience store where we bought tokens for $2.50 each. Also about a ten minute walk to Yonge Square/Easton Shopping center. Unfortunately, the walk there has an assortment of homeless/crazy looking people who solicit you often. I was pretty nervous at night and would not feel safe walking alone.

Value: we would've preferred to stay in the smaller rooms - the value is much better around $90 at this B&B for the amenities provided and services. At $110+ we probably would've done better to go elsewhere for a little more with bathrooms, better location, etc. However overall we still enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had an great stay in Toronto and we found our rooms at the Garden Inn really nice. The rooms are really ok, clean, quiet. We had some issues with the internet connection, but things were worked out. The breakfast was actually really good - self-service. We can really recommend the Garden Inn when you go to Toronto!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrik J
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The decor is modest and the bathroom tiny but the price is right, the location ideal for Toronto’s cultural scene, and the proprietor could not be more helpful. We advise asking him for a $10 24-hour permit to leave your car on the street, as the 505 streetcar along Dundas Street is a great trip through the heart of the city and connects with the subway system. A bargain.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple