“You can not go wrong if you choose to stay here!”
Review of Toronto Garden Inn

Toronto Garden Inn
Ranked #7 of 117 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I just returned from my third stay at the Toronto Garden Inn. I spent 6 nights and was just as happy as on my previous stays. The man running the bed and breakfast (Ergin) is very attentive to detail and is very dedicated to the job. Most impressive is that I reserved over the phone and when the email confirmation arrived, there was a price difference based on a miss-communication based on language or phone quality, whatever. The innkeeper just honoured the deal that I had expected and stuck with the lower nightly rate, even adding 10% savings for staying several nights. Even though it is not a hotel, the innkeeper tidies up your room every day and makes the bed, also bringing fresh towels daily. There are various teas and coffee to relax after a day on the go and the breakfast is the nicest I have ever seen in all the bed and breakfasts I use: fresh kiwi, mango, bananas, oranges, apples,.....the fridge is full of soy beverage, low-fat and standard milks, orange and fruit juices, low-fat and standard creamer, fresh eggs, yogourts, etc . The kitchen is fully equipped and there are two nice supermarkets nearby. I shopped and made chicken cacciatore on Sunday night and found every item I needed to make the meal. Ergin made sure I knew there were umbrellas for the rainy week and is open and friendly, often downstairs chatting and helping guests. It is a short 15 min walk to nightlife of Church Street and Yonge Street and right on the Dundas Street tram line. Eaton Centre shopping is 10 min by foot and Yonge Street subway line right there too. There is a free computer in the sitting/community room for guests and wifi connection throughout the house. Also very impressive is that Ergin is always there when I check out and offers to drag my heavy luggage down the stairs and out to my truck! Thanks Ergin!!! :) :)

Room Tip: Magnolia- dbl bed and 2 windows to a quiet street
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
19  Thank williamd_us
There are newer reviews for Toronto Garden Inn

Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed here for 9 nights and had the most amazing time. It feels as if it is a home from home. The owner is lovely and goes out of his way to be helpful. Its a 10 min walk from Dundas Square and therefore all major attractions including the AGO are within walking distance. I would highly recommend this to my friends and family and if I return to Toronto I would definitely want to stay here again. The only one negative aspect I must confess is that the surrounding area is a little run down however this home is a sanctuary of sorts and as with anywhere in Toronto one never feels unsafe. The b&b is spotless and my bed was comfortable and the breakfast is superb and as a vegetarian it catered very well. So all in all a thumbs up! I am certain that if you choose to stay here you will have a most relaxed and enjoyable stay in Toronto.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
16  Thank FlowerPowerTraveller
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This is a tough place to review because it's both really good, and really not so great in some ways. The people are very nice, especially the German artist who lives in the basement and the manager/caretaker Monica. Unal the owner is a nice guy, a bit scatterbrained, who is genuinely responsive to the needs of his guests. The food for breakfast is fine- don't listen to the negative reviews about it. If you want fancier food you should be paying a higher rate. Which brings me to price- VERY reasonable. And the rooms are pleasant, the atmosphere is friendly. So what's not to like? That depends on how much you value your sleep. This is an old creaky house and you hear EVERYTHING. And I'm a sound sleeper. Did I mention the police and ambulance sirens wailing all through the night? You should do a little research on the neighborhood- you're surrounded by needle-exchanges, soup-kitchens, homeless shelters, the works... (that said, it's not a dangerous area, from all accounts, it's just overrun with vagrants.) Minor note- don't expect the internet to work- but every now and then it flashes on.

So... lots of noise, not the best part of the city. Would I recommend this b&b anyway... yes! Because it's friendly and very good value... if you're a stingy, light-seeping middle-aged complainiac stay away... if you're young, or young at heart and on a budget, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
94  Thank Weeebay
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Toronto Garden Inn is probably one of the most pleasant, friendly and affordable place I'have ever been in.
Our host was just as charming and efficient as possible... just a feeling of peace and trust...
A great place where you'll feel at home !!!!

thanks a lot.
I'll be back soon.
Yannick

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank Yannick75009
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The house is located in a central place of Toronto. Most the things are walking distance.
The rooms and even the common bathrooms are very clean. I liked the lovely arranged living room with its piano, the old sofa and the chimney. The house with its people is a very cozy place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank a_duemmler
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I recommend this B&B for those wants to have a place to live in downtown of Toronto.
Host is very polite and very nice. The location is convenient and close with buses and street cars.
Rooms are very clean and spacious, and allow to have peaceful moments.
Moreover, the food is varied and healthy (fruits, beverages, eggs, cereals...)

Finally, a very great place at cheap prices

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jonathanleruyet
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Gardrn Inn is very nice! Because it locates in a quite street, I can enjoy nice sleep. What's more, it is only 15minits by walk from Eaton. Nice sleep and convenient transportation! Bus roots is just in the next street. My boyfriend and I lived in this B&B for nine days, we really enjoyed the time we spent in Toronto. The price for this B&B is reasonable. I like the decoration in side which is the old victoria age style. I think we will back to this B&B again. By the way, I love the Magnolia room most. I lived in Trillum room, which is private and bigger,is the second best.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple