“Great organic food...”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very good organic food, although little pricey. The soup was great, very tasty and filling. The burger was awesome and so was the salad. We didn't like the coffee, VERY strong and bitter, perhaps is sat too long? Try the homemade cookies on the counter, they're awesome. The atmosphere is very laid back & cool, you feel you're back in the 60's. Good service that reflects the ambience...slow & laid back. The patio is nothing special, but on a sunny day it's just perfect. We would go back anytime.

1  Thank PeterO709

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have been to the Beet for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it has never failed to impress and satisfy me. On a cozy corner of Dundas Street West, this bohemian eatery dons art on the walls from local artists and a giant chalkboard where you can find their daily specials, desserts and a vast list of teas, smoothies, wines and beer. The service is pleasant and prompt and they bring you a bottle of water with fresh lemon as soon as you sit down.

The huevos rancheros is the best I've ever had. Their pico de gallo is to die for and the use of plain avocados instead of guacamole makes the whole dish fresh and simple. I find other places tend to weigh this dish down with too many added spices and salt.

The tofu and avocado sandwich is my go-to for lunch. Get the salad with it. It's full of greens, beets, nuts and seeds with a brilliant green coriander dressing. The burgers are great too, there really isn't a disappointing item on the menu. Each dish is crafted thoughtfully and considerately.

I always feel energized after eating at the Beet, which is probably due to the food being local and organic whenever possible. Their organic coffee is spectacular and it's nice to take it out onto their patio when the weather's nice.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

The food is fresh to order and always tastes incredible. All the burgers are freshly made pattys. They even have bison! Yum. Their garden salad is so fresh. This place is a bit on the pricey side, but worth it for the quality. Plus, love the smoke free patio.

1  Thank BossyPotato
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food at The Beet is absolutely incredible. I wasnt sure from looking at the website (I was coming to Toronto from Montreal) but, what a wonderful surprise! Fresh, organic, beautifully seasoned food priced well. How can you beat that? I have had many fine dinging experiences where I paid twice the price but for food that was half as good. I went with my husband and we shared the day's special (tomato braised chicken with quinoa and kale), and the famer's market salad. My husband, the carnivore of the couple, ate most of the salad! The only downside was the service could do with some improvement. It's a little place on a corner but, charming all the same. I plan on returning here on my next visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have been to the beet a few times and have never been disappointed. The food is flavorful and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.