“Amazing food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food at The Beet is absolutely incredible. I wasnt sure from looking at the website (I was coming to Toronto from Montreal) but, what a wonderful surprise! Fresh, organic, beautifully seasoned food priced well. How can you beat that? I have had many fine dinging experiences where I paid twice the price but for food that was half as good. I went with my husband and we shared the day's special (tomato braised chicken with quinoa and kale), and the famer's market salad. My husband, the carnivore of the couple, ate most of the salad! The only downside was the service could do with some improvement. It's a little place on a corner but, charming all the same. I plan on returning here on my next visit.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I have been to the beet a few times and have never been disappointed. The food is flavorful and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Beet has organic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and wheat-free options, as well as some meat offerings. The daily soup is usually quite good. There is a daily special as well which is sometimes fish. Its well lit, so its nice for a person dining alone who wants to read a newspaper or book, or use their laptop. Service is friendly. You pay at the cash register and then put your money in a tip jar. Open every day of the week , but closed most statutory holidays.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

This place makes the best burgers around. I haven't even tried anything else from their menu, because the burgers always tempt me back each time. I usually accompany them with The Beet's creamy hot chocolate or one of their fresh juices. Choice is something you're definitely not stuck for in this place. Although it is more cafe than restaurant, the menu has some incredibly-tasty and varid foods. And quite a bit of it is organic, too.

The decor is bright and cheerful, with lots of happy colours and arty stuff on the walls. The service has been good, if not great. I find that this part of Toronto is usually like that; the staff are often harried, but polite. I love this place for lunch or casual dinners. It's one of my favourite places to eat in Toronto.