“Yet another grill”

Cuisines: Fast Food, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Islington-City Centre West
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I still remember when the "menu" consisted of three items. You could get the 16 oz. steak sandwich with salad and a can of San Pellegrino Limonata, and still get change from a $20. There was no wine list. Or wine. We'd stand in line at lunchtime to grab their excellent half-pound burger, which was only marginally pricier than the inferior fast food chains alternative.

Not anymore. While I don't begrudge their success, the place turned from a butcher with a skillet into yet another grill restaurant. It's a decent grill, but there are many others just like it in the area. Their unique concept gave way to mediocrity, and their can-do replaced by me-too. If you're ready to shell out $28 for a 10 oz. striploin, there are nicer places around.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a reviewReviews (112)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

beautiful looking restaurant, too bad I can't say the same about their food or their staff. They seemed to have renovated as per other reviews, they should've done a 'renovation' on their staff too. The bun was extremely soggy, the burger only being half of the size of the bun- no taste and overpriced for whatever it is they are serving. No one seems to care about the service they are providing- I left upset with the whole experience and the waitress had the nerve to say " have a good day" LOL total joke of a place. theres tons of other great places, this definitely will not be one that I will ever go back to... a 0 star for food and service -- so what other reason would you go there for...

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019

I had heard nice things about the restaurant so my husband and I decided to have lunch there.

The service today was horrible and the waitress reminded me of being in a beer pub. No personality, just what would you like. No offering of water or any special suggestions etc. Very unappetizing start to the experience.

We both ordered fish, as meat was a little heavy for us today. It was awful. The grilled whole fish was tasteless and tasted like it had been fried on a cooktop. It had a taste of old grease. It came on a plate with nothing on it and boring chopped up peppers, onions and zucchini half cooked which were also tasteless.

My husband has salmon, which was equally boring and sat on a bed of the same type of grilled vegetables that were also half cooked. OMG this was obviously cooked by an inexperienced short order cook, who had no regard for cooking.

The baked beans we ordered which came half way through the meal were even worse tasting!

Guaranteed, I will never be back nor recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Hosted my brother's 40th birthday dinner party on the patio here for 20 people and everything from table setup to food was outstanding. Ordered a meat platter and a fish platter for our group so that there would be a variety of options - chevapi, kebabs, chicken breast, burgers, calamari, grilled shrimp, grilled fish to name a few. Was impressed by both the quality of the preparation and the quantity. You will not leave here hungry! The platters came with bread and sauces which were delicious. The winning ingredient here is the fantastic service - the staff really go above and beyond to ensure that guests are enjoying their experience. Ivica and his team made hosting the party a pleasure and I would recommend Royal Meats without hesitation for groups small and large.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Bread came out with blue spots on it looks like it was mold we were told it was from the grill as they bake the bread fresh we were very disappointed with the response that it was just from the grill if the grill is turning the bread blue there is still something wrong. After taking it to the kitchen she told us it was flour from the oven which if the flour is blue there is still something wrong with that. Probably will not go back.

Date of visit: July 2019