“So much potential!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived just at the tail end of dinner rush on a weeknight. They estimated a 5-10 minute wait, which we agreed to. Now it can be hard to know just when other tables will clear, but it was another 40 before we were seated. The staff was friendly and took orders straight away. We had quite a long wait for our food which was apologized for with free refills of our beverages. The sushi was decent but had some sauces that were a bit out of place, at least as far as traditional sushi goes. Not a true deal breaker but it does weigh on the authenticity of the food.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Probably the best all you can eat sushi. Lunch is a really fair price ... (under 15) and dinner is about 30.

It's a little pricey for dinner, the service isn't GREAT... but, the food never disappoints. My favourites are the salmon sashimi, spicy California rolls, and the CHEESE WONTONS (NOM NOM NOM)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

For all you can eat sushi, their selection is pretty awesome. Fresh and tasty. Their waiters don't really talk to you that much. They just take your orders and bring you food. It would be nice if they smiled sometimes. But to be fair, you are coming here for the food. Which is delicious.

Be sure to order the cheese wontons. And the gyoza. And the panfried squid. And the tempura shrimp. All their roles are tasty - the green dragon is my go-to.

As far as I could tell, you can't do reservations, unless you have more than 6 people are coming. Since it is a popular place in the evenings, you often need to bring some patience to get a table...especially if you are 4 people.

It is worth the wait. You get tasty food, for a reasonable price.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This AYCE japanese restaurant has an amazing menu where you can find a lot of different sushis. They actually taste very good. BUT the service is absolutely HORRENDOUS. I have never seen a worse service than at Aji Sai. It's even crazy that just because the restaurant is always full, they treat people like dogs.

They are never trying to make you feel comfortable. The last time we went there, it was very cold outside and the waiter refused to give us another (empty) table so we left. They just don't care about you and want to make money. So if you don't care about that, that's fine.

The restaurant is always packed. That's insane.

1  Thank Badiha
Reviewed September 13, 2012

TERRIBLE. People in Toronto who like this place have never tried good Sushi.

I was in the area so thought I would try it out. Not sure why as there are only about 5 good Japanese restaurants in the city. Ones run by Koreans - mainly or Chinese are usually terrible. What's worse, they charge you for what you don't eat so you are forced to eat even items you don't like.

My butterfish and makeral were both still partially frozen, the "Japanese " chicken was overlooked and salty, each dish I had just tasted terrible.

It is all you can eat so what can one expect and most people in this city do not know what a good restaurant is. They prefer quantity over quality.

It was my first and last time at this restaurant and yes, the staff are about the rudest I've come across.

Reviews probably won't make a difference on this place as the only thing they care about is getting people in and out and the patrons only care about being able to eat as much as possible at an inexpensive price. Anyone who has enjoyed real sushi places in Toronto - Hiro, Zen, even Sushi Couture, don't even bother with this place.

I think Sushi Inn in Yorkville is even better than Aji Sai, and Sushi Inn is pretty disgusting as well.

2  Thank likegoodfood1