“Very high quality burgers for a great price”
Review of Big Smoke Burger

Big Smoke Burger
Ranked #548 of 8,574 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: At Big Smoke Burger, we source fresh Canadian ingredients in order to deliver the best possible product. We pride ourselves on serving only Canadian AAA beef. Our ground chuck is made to our specifications and it is always fresh, never frozen. We offer hand-cut French fries made fresh every day and cooked in trans fat-free canola oil. Homemade milkshakes, fresh salad greens, traditional poutine, and a selection of unique beverages are also available.
Toronto, Canada
“Very high quality burgers for a great price”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

On King just east of Yonge Street. Really good, freshly cooked gourmet burgers. The onion rings are colossal! $10 for a great burger drink and rings!

• Visited February 2014

Sudbury, Canada
“Florida 2014, last meal on the road”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stopped at the ONRoute Service Centre12001 Hwy 400 Northbound King City, ONL7B 1A5 and see there is a new franchise there......they have other locations but this one is not on trip advisor yet......now keeping in mind that this rating is based on franchise foods......I ordered their signature blue Burger with gorgonzola, avocado, rosemary garlic mayo, tomato & lettuce and an onion ring........service wise I found the counter person to be non enthusiastic maybe to a point of not being friendly, I think they have to work on that.....more smiles and show you like what you are doing.......of course he may have been new and did not realizetook about 15 minutes to get it but I saw it was not precooked and was being cooked from fresh on the grill......if you like blue cheese you certainly will get that flavour as dominant.......I'm not sure I caught the avocado flavour but did get a hint of garlic and rosemary, the paddy is juicy, similar to other higher end burgers like Licks, Chili's, not like MacD or Wendy's and the other larger franchises.....the bun is soft and I think toasted.....if your taste is heavy on salt and pepper I suggest you ask for more on it as it is far from overseasonned......I enjoyed it, since having blue cheese as part of my list of cheeses......will definitely try some of their other burgers......the onion rings are large, a crispy batter and inviting to look at, these I thought needed a bit more seasonningbut are still tasty and not too greasy.....no doubt I will return again.....

• Visited February 2014
Fergus, Ontario, Canada
“Nice homemade burger & handcut fries”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Tried the "Crazy Burger" at the staff recommendation. Not too spicy --- but a great choice nontheless. Price was right, service great, burgers tasty. Well worth the trip.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Susan O
Toronto, Canada
“highly overated but burger was good”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

went on Saturday place was very tiny, limited seating, ...tables open hadn't been cleaned,...plywood benches no cushions very uncomfortable, all ketchup bottles were empty....expect a wait for your food cooked fresh homemade burger was good but pricey, onion rings way overcooked, parking is difficult. better burgers and facilities around ..won't hurry back

• Visited November 2013
Rising Sun, Maryland
“Good, but pricey.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This review is the The Big Smoke, located in the Eaton center.

I had ordered several standard beef burgers here over the past several years, and found them to be good premium style burgers, and after several tries and being told that the lamb burgers were sold out, I finally got to try one this past week. Like the standard beef burgers before, it was thick enough, and of premium texture and taste, but it the taste was not so much different than a standard burger that I could really tell a huge difference. The sauce however helped to make it a better experience.

This is your typical order and wait location located in the ground floor of the Eaton center, and the entire food court is set up as a sit your self down with your choice of meal on a tray. So there are actually quite a number of food venders with varying styles of food to chose from.

The stand out for this vendor was the young lady who took my order, I just had to ask her name,......Maggie. She greeted me with such a huge smile, and greeting, that there was no way I could walk away from her without ordering........something.....anything. She seems to actually enjoy what she does, a rarity for most cashiers.

I would I eat there again? Sure, the burgers, a little bit pricey, but obviously premium are worth the extra cost on occasion. And if I see that Ms. Maggie is there to serve me, I would definitely have to stop and order!

• Visited August 2013