“The new Il Sogno”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Toronto
“The new Il Sogno”
Reviewed March 10, 2010

From reading a review about the wait time for a table on a Sat night we were a little leary about dining at Il Sogno, but we thought we'd give it a try for ourselves. We made a reservation for a Saturday night, and luckily were seated immediately and brought a basket of bread and our drinks pronto. To our suprise, the restuarant looked nothing like what we had found on line, we later find out this is because they just went though renovations and it was their first Staurday open. Il Sogno has a loungy vibe with good music (and the game, for the hubby to watch!). We sat at one of the tall bar tops and had a really enjoyable evening. We had dinner (tried their "spinello" and it was yummy) and stayed for drinks. Finished the night off with a creamy cappuccino and some grappa (owner's treat) . All in all, a great experience and would definitely reccomend.

new jersey
“dining during the strike”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My husband and i went to II Sogno druing the sanitation strike and the grounds were very well kept. Where did they put their garbage? I dont know and I'm happy I didnt smell it.

The wait on a Saturday 8pm seasonal night was 30 minutes, at least. From what were told by the locals, this is one of the best restaurants on the harbor. The waitress was very visable and forgot to bring our drinks. This place has an extensive wine and drink list. The portions are not small, but not "cheescake factory" sizes. Overall, I gave the food a B-. I got the pesto fetuccini and my husband some type of salmon pasta dish. We both liked it but I had to add a lil salt.
I would recommend, but probably not go back only because there are so many places to eat in Toronto. Why repeat?!

Toronto, Canada
“very nice restaurant. Good food.”
Reviewed July 26, 2008

very nice restaurant. Good food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook