“I love this place - just not the line ups.”
Review of Fresh on Bloor

Fresh on Bloor
Ranked #213 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have a love-hate relationship with this place. They don't take reservations, and there are always line ups (weekdays, lunches, dinners, doesn't matter when). So, as much as I love the food there and the different food options, it's not cheap. Last time I was there, I gave my name at the front, she said she'd let me know when there was a table available and then left. After waiting for 20 minutes (everyone else was waiting for take-out - how can you tell? There's no sign? No clear way of knowing for a first timer) and seeing 4 tables finish and walk out (with no one else ahead of me to be seated), I finally went up to someone at the front and asked how much longer it was going to be (STAARVING) and the guy said "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that anyone was waiting". My name was on the list. Really not my job to police if they're doing theirs. Having said that, my server was great, the food is great (not cheap though). Am not vegan/veggie, but don't do dairy and so the non-dairy food options are helpful here. But I'm not about to wait forever. Unfortunately the food is really really good. Not worth a really long wait though. Gah!

There are newer reviews for Fresh on Bloor

Reviewed March 30, 2014

You don't have to be a vegan to enjoy the wonderful food at "fresh". I was skeptical, wondering if I would like anything on the menu, but thoroughly enjoyed everything I ordered. My dining companions were equally impressed. Food quality was great, the descriptions of the items really well done. Many unique ingredients to my palate, but to my surprise, enjoyed them all. I had the Superfood salad with 3-6-9 dressing, sweet potato soup with coconut and lime and the cornbread. I could eat the salad every day, its that good.

Staff are friendly, service is prompt. Love the water on the table in old fashioned milk jugs. Give it a try, even if you're not a vegetarian, you will be surprised!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Low expectations... Dragged in by friends... Squished into small booth... And fell in love with my first bite. Lentil onions rings created a mouth-gasm... Followed by soup which I gobbled up.... And the Tiger bowl made me moan with pleasure. Definitely returning!!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant was very accommodating to our vegan dietary requirements. We had the bbq burger and thai burger-the quinoa onion rings were amazing! Would recommend for vegetarians and vegans.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The staff is friendly and always ready to make useful suggestions. I would recommend the beach bowl and their supersonic. The quality of the dishes is fantastic and their selection is varied and inventive. I would not suggest coming here for a quiet conversation as its usually pretty packed and loud. Make a reservation because the wait time is usually 20+ minutes.