“Very enjoyable”

Neighborhood: Midtown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm from Montreal and I was visiting my sister in Toronto and she brought me here to FRESH. Very simple place but also very busy. People really seem to like it and it wasn't very long before I understood why. There are so many choices on the menu I'd love to go again to try more stuff. During this visit I had a soup which was really delish and a burrito (the beans are not mashed) so if uroecting a nice warm chewy-like meal this will shock. It was still packing a lot a flavors of the natural ingredients married together. And I liked the taste especially with the hot sauce (that's not quite hot it just adds some unique spice to each bite). But this is an all natural crunchy burrito due to the cucumbers and lettuce and tomatoes and again the beans are not mashed but its all very yummy and worth a try.I uploaded my pics of my meals

Thornhill, Canada
“I am acarnivore, this worked for me”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife can't do gluten, my stuck up daughter is a vegan, so it's the meat eater that compromises. But this was good! Spring rolls are above average. Soup, above average, Burger, not so much BUT really really really good copy. No crumbly, not loaded with veggies, actually had a taste! Too mucj sproutes, but easy to fix. Would go again if I have to!

“Delicious”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We loved Fresh! We're not vegetarians but went with friends who are, amazing juices and soups, I had the mushroom onion "burger" which was surprisingly delicious. They have lots of other wraps and salads that looked good. Great location also on Bloor street.

Toronto, Canada
“A Quick Helathy Lunch”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten at various times at Fresh on Bloor. Yesterday it was lunch time.
Usually there is waiting line of 15 minutes or more but today we were head of the line..
We immediately were ushered to a table. As we boh frequent ,"Fresh" we knew want we wanted.
I ordered the special and my comapnaion ordered ,"The Buddha". We were happy with our choice.

My biggest discomfort with Fresh is hte noise level. The acoustics are simply absent.
As soon as we were finished we both agreed having coffee somewhere else was what we desired.

Fresh , is a good place to eat ,but not to savor a meal over a relaxing conversation.

Visited July 2013
Santa Monica
“Menu with variety but average value for your money...”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had heard so much about Fresh that I decided to catch a late lunch there one afternoon. I was greeted and seated readily. I liked the quick presentation and serving of water as a beverage choice but not sure if it's filtered or just from the tap as nothing is noted on the menu. I chose an interesting salad with tofu as the protein option. I received a large bowl with less than full contents. I counted a couple of peanuts and about 5 fingertip size pieces of tofu, not very generous on the more costly ingredients. The salad was tasty but left me unfulfilled as a meal. They also seemed a bit less attentive with solo diners which is what I was as well as two others nearby. If you're a vegetarian the menu has a decent selection and my dish as well as others being served had a appealing appearance. On a last note, I did see other salads being served and the contents were obviously seen over the top of the bowls. On the other hand, my choice which was a full order selection, was a bowl that was just over half full. Maybe my item just didn't leave the kitchen in the correct status? I also reviewed dessert choices and for the portion size and options they really did seem overpriced so I opted out. This is a pleasant enough locale but I wouldn't go out of my way to try or return here.

• Visited June 2013