“heaven for vegans”

Neighborhood: Midtown
State College, PA
“heaven for vegans”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the place to go if you want a fresh, healthy meal without meat (only open for lunch and dinner, plus weekend brunch). Everything we tried- from noodles, to samosas, to juices, to salad was delicious. When we were there for lunch on a weekday the place was packed with well-dressed women in the 30s. Great service, elaborate juice bar, and generally affordable given the generous portion sizes. Only open-minded carnivores, however. There is no meat on the menu at all.

Visited February 2013

Sudbury
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was in Toronto on official business for the CRFA food show. I had heard a lot about this place. It lived up to the expectations. Everything was fresh and delicious. The juice bar is great and the veggies and fruit are fresh in the smoothies. I will return the next time I make a trip to Toronto. I am a bookkeeper but fairly new to the restaurant industry and I love trying new places and this place is one to keep in mind for the future.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Omnivore friendly”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is definitely one of my favourite places in Toronto for comfort food. They have a pretty huge menu so you can go super healthy with one of their salad or grain bowl options, or opt for their more decadent offerings as I generally do. Their veggie burgers are excellent - I recommend the thai burger or bbq burger, which both feature such tasty sauces and toppings, you won't miss the meat at all.

I took a non-vegetarian friend here recently, who is generally wary of veggie food, and even he was impressed, particularly with the quinoa onion rings which he said were the best onion rings he's ever tasted.

They also have great vegan cupcakes and sweets if you have room left at the end of the meal. Highly recommend.

• Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Vegan Fare”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This popular restaurant in downtown Toronto seems to be packed every time I pass it. I didn't bother with getting a table but opted for take-out (even then I had to wait 20 mins). The food is incredibly delicious and well worth the effort.

Ontario
“Great food, not great service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

On a Friday at lunchtime they did not take reservations in their small, crowded restaurant. We had to wait nearly 25 minutes for a table, and then another 20-30 for our food. The waitress got part of the order wrong but claimed "that's what she heard". This being one of the only all-vegan restaurants near the conference we attended, I guess staff feel they've got customers over a barrel. That being said, the food was delicious and portions generous.

• Visited January 2013