“Fantastic Vegan Fare”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Vegan Fare”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This popular restaurant in downtown Toronto seems to be packed every time I pass it. I didn't bother with getting a table but opted for take-out (even then I had to wait 20 mins). The food is incredibly delicious and well worth the effort.

Ontario
“Great food, not great service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

On a Friday at lunchtime they did not take reservations in their small, crowded restaurant. We had to wait nearly 25 minutes for a table, and then another 20-30 for our food. The waitress got part of the order wrong but claimed "that's what she heard". This being one of the only all-vegan restaurants near the conference we attended, I guess staff feel they've got customers over a barrel. That being said, the food was delicious and portions generous.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto
“Best Indian pancakes ever!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Here right now for my first time. For a vegetarian this is my first vegetarian restaurant experience and I am loving the options.

I arrived at 2pm on New Year's Eve and the place is packed! I had to wait 15 min. I recommend asking for a menu to review if you have to wait since the menu is quite large.

Service is friendly and knowledgable and gave great recommendations. I enjoy the hustle and bustle of the place and a small plus for me was the big jug of water they give you while being seated.

I over ordered because I couldn't make up my mind and wanted everything!!

I got the cherry blossom smoothie which was delicious. I love cherries and never get the option to have it in a smoothie. It was yummy!!

For appetizers I got the Indian pancakes (dosas) and they are the best thing I have tasted in a looooong long time. I will forever be addicted to this place for those alone. If you don't order these you are missing out!!

I also got the quinoa onion rings. I just had to try them. They were good, very crispy and not too oily but I could have done without them. They were a great vessel to sop up the rest of the curry sauce from the dosas though. That stuff is liquid gold.

I was stuffed at this point and still had my main entree the eat your greens salad with added order of grilled tempeh and cookie I ordered to deal with.

Salad is massive but nothing to rave about. The ginger dressing is nice but there isn't enough of it. The grilled tempeh is just okay nothing exceptional but I am wishing I tried the tempeh bacon instead.

All I can think about is those dosas!!

Overall I would recommend this place to vegetarians and none vegetarians. I don't think you can miss the meat here!!

Ontario
“Tasty Vegan/Vegetarian Food”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I came here with my girlfriend for lunch about a week ago. Neither one of us are vegetarians, but I do try (key word) to eat healthy and I had heard good things about fresh.
It was extremely busy when we got there, but we managed to score a booth. There is a lot of side-by-side cafeteria style seating so when it's busy, be prepared to be sitting directly next to someone else. It looked like a lot of people were regulars and I don't think it would have bothered me to have to sit next to a stranger, but it's something to be aware of for sure.
We were sat quickly, but service was a little slow. We were both starving so I think that made us hyper-aware of how long we waited for our order to be taken. Or maybe it was because we weren't out straight out of an American Apparel ad like everyone else in the entire restaurant...who knows? Again, not a deal breaker.
We ordered the onion rings (incredible) and cornbread (also very good) to start. Both were delicious but I would make sure you order the rings. They were fantastic. For the main, I ordered the BBQ veggie burger, which I struggled to get a bite of it was so big, and my girlfriend ordered one of the rice bowls. My burger was great....lots of fresh ingredients and made on a bun that stood up to the very last bites. I ordered avocado and cheese, but our waitress forgot to add them. I didn't miss either, but I bet the avocado would have been great. We ordered so much to eat that we ended up splitting most of the burger and taking home the rice bowl, which my gf ended up eating later as a snack. It was even better later as it had a chance for some of the flavours to mix.
Overall, a good experience. Some minor mixups but we will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Heavenly place!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is what healthy restaurant food really is. The juices, the meals - the whole tamale

And every single time I have been there - there is a line up of people waiting for a table. It's packed with a young, health conscious crowd looking to stay that way...!

• Visited June 2012