“Tasty Vegan/Vegetarian Food”
Review of Fresh on Bloor

Fresh on Bloor
Ranked #228 of 8,479 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Ontario
“Tasty Vegan/Vegetarian Food”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I came here with my girlfriend for lunch about a week ago. Neither one of us are vegetarians, but I do try (key word) to eat healthy and I had heard good things about fresh.
It was extremely busy when we got there, but we managed to score a booth. There is a lot of side-by-side cafeteria style seating so when it's busy, be prepared to be sitting directly next to someone else. It looked like a lot of people were regulars and I don't think it would have bothered me to have to sit next to a stranger, but it's something to be aware of for sure.
We were sat quickly, but service was a little slow. We were both starving so I think that made us hyper-aware of how long we waited for our order to be taken. Or maybe it was because we weren't out straight out of an American Apparel ad like everyone else in the entire restaurant...who knows? Again, not a deal breaker.
We ordered the onion rings (incredible) and cornbread (also very good) to start. Both were delicious but I would make sure you order the rings. They were fantastic. For the main, I ordered the BBQ veggie burger, which I struggled to get a bite of it was so big, and my girlfriend ordered one of the rice bowls. My burger was great....lots of fresh ingredients and made on a bun that stood up to the very last bites. I ordered avocado and cheese, but our waitress forgot to add them. I didn't miss either, but I bet the avocado would have been great. We ordered so much to eat that we ended up splitting most of the burger and taking home the rice bowl, which my gf ended up eating later as a snack. It was even better later as it had a chance for some of the flavours to mix.
Overall, a good experience. Some minor mixups but we will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012

Vancouver, Canada
“Heavenly place!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is what healthy restaurant food really is. The juices, the meals - the whole tamale

And every single time I have been there - there is a line up of people waiting for a table. It's packed with a young, health conscious crowd looking to stay that way...!

• Visited June 2012
Calgary, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not celiac friendly”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

As a celiac you are not safe eating here, I have been told by staff and management that spelt flour is not wheat. It is wheat according to the celiac association, therefor not allowed in the celiac diet. They have items made with spelt flour and claim they are wheat free. This gluten free menu and staff can not be trusted. Beware!,

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sharon R
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, but crowded!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fresh has amazing quality veg food and I'm absolutely in love with their veggie burgers as well as their dosas and sweet potato fries. All of it is fresh (no pun intended :p) and has a very light feel ie even after a huge meal you don't feel like there is a brick in your stomach! The crowds are a given because of their amazing food. What I hate though is that tables are SO close to one another that your neighbors are literally 10cm away. It's like having a dinner date with strangers. Unless you get a booth, which in all the times I've been there I never have!

Switzerland
“My standby vegan restaurant in Toronto”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I don't get to Toronto very often but when I do, this place is always worth a visit. The smoothies are amazing and the food is awesome!!! The service is laid back so if you know that in advance then it makes it less annoying. The sweet potato fries with miso gravy are AWESOME!!! I crave them from time to time and wish I could get on a plane to Toronto and get some FRESH!

• Visited September 2011