“Great resort well on its way!”

Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Timmins
New York
“Great resort well on its way!”
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I recently stayed at Cedar Meadows Resort to discover they are adding a new section to their resort which will include 20 new rooms, an exercise room and a spa! I think this is great news and decided to personally congratulate the management/owners of this resort during my recent visit (August 18 and 19 2007). Cedar Meadows Resort has the best service, the best food A++++ and this is from a world traveler. I've been to many 4 and 5 star hotels during my travels around the world and from a professionals point of view, Cedar Meadows Resort is the place to stay when in Timmins! Thank you to all the staff at Cedar Meadows for making my stay so wonderful. It truly felt like my home away from home. I look forward to my next stay in one of your new rooms maybe?

• Liked — The service and food
  • Disliked — nada
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dash11
CMR1000, Manager at Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2015
Dear "dash11",

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa.

We look forward to your next visit!

Thanks again and much appreciated,

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
tour2007
Reviewed August 16, 2007

I have never been so dissatisfied with a stay at a hotel over the course of many years and many hotel stays for business and pleasure. Despite booking a room weeks in advance, I was given a room adjacent to a new wing under construction. Having arrived late in the evening, I was distressed to be awoken by hammers and loud noise at 7 a.m. the next morning. I am fairly patient so expected that this was a one-time occurrence. Unfortunately the situation only got worse. The next morning, I was awoken at 8 a.m. to hammering by multiple workmen. It got so bad that the headboard was actually vibrating from the hammering. Since I was checking out that morning anyway, I lodged a complaint and requested a discount since I had been so inconvenienced. While the clerk was courteous and apologized, she said could not help me. She contacted the manager and a third person in charge and the answer was consistently no since there was a sign posted to say that the resort was under construction and that guests could expect some noise. Why was I not told this when I booked the room? Why was I not given a room away from the construction? I was appalled at the arrogance of the management thinking that the customer experience was unimportant and that posting a sign made the noise acceptable. They had my money so cared little that I was dissatisfied.

As well, the lock on the door did not work (which the staff were aware of but did nothing to remedy the problem). There was a charge for the internet but the reception was inconsistent and I eventually gave up. I booked another hotel the next night for less money, free internet, a continental breakfast and had a restful sleep as one should expect in a hotel.

My advice, stay away from Cedar Meadows as they don't care about satisfying their customers and do little to prevent a poor experience.

• Liked — animal santuary the best asset of this hotel
  • Disliked — little regard for the customer with complaints, not attempt to prevent problems related to noise from ongoing construction
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank tour2007
CMR1000, Manager at Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 22, 2015
Hello "tour2007" and thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry that your experience at our establishment was not an enjoyable one and we do appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. It is through comments such as yours that we can better ourselves in great Customer Service. Thank you for staying with us.

Manager
northern Ontario
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I would have to say that Cedar Meadows would probably be the best hotel in Timmins. The room we had was very nice, clean with a gas fireplace. The bedding and furnituire were standard as are the bathroom fixtures. The service was good, the front desk very helpful and all in all we had no complaints. The restaurant was nice and reasonably priced and we had a nice meal there. It would be a great place to bring children as they have a little zoo on the property which is quite nice. Cedar Meadows is located in the woods and so you have a very peaceful relaxing feel to your stay. Although it is not a 5 star resort we were comfortable there and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
11 Thank northerndecorator
CMR1000, Manager at Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Hello and thank you "norterndecorator" for taking the time to post your review.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit!

Thanks again!