My husband and I recently stayed at Cedar Meadows for a family wedding that was taking place on the property. Now this place is called a resort, but I dont really understand why. The property surrounding is all farm land with fences and bark mulch, and I was definitely expecting to see some landscaping or some kind of garden, but their was none.
The rooms themselves were adequete, albit a little small. We paid extra to have a junior suite thinking it would be bigger than the other rooms, but it wasnt. It did have a jacuzzi though and the bathroom was nice with a double shower. We were expecting a king or a queen size bed, but all they had were doubles in the room which was a dissapointment. Another thing was that the room service came early! They were hollering for 'room service' by 830am, not something I enjoyed waking up to in the morning on a holiday,
The restaurant at the hotel did have good food at decent prices. And the location to Timmins was good... close to the airport, close to town.
My biggest complaint would be with those who run the weddings there. You would expect that by spending thousands of dollars on their property, the hotel would bend over backwards to make it a happy care free day for the bride, but it was not so! My sister in law was scheduled to have her wedding the next day outside on their lawn but decided that since it was suppose to rain she would change the location to inside. This should have been fine considering she had up to 24hrs before the wedding to decide. So, she called, NOBODY answered, so she left a message stating that she wished to have it indoors. That evening everyone arrives for the rehersal to find that they set up all the chairs OUTSIDE. She goes to talk to managment about the mistake and they tell her that that morning they had already set up all the chairs outside and they werent going to change it (Oh, and they got her message, but it was too late. PS - they never called back)So now, they actually expected her to pay $800 for something she wasnt going to use. Talk about money grabbing! Obviously, the bride was extremely upset and tried to talk to the coordinator about how it wasnt right for her to have to pay for something that wasnt her mistake and for something that she wasnt even using! The wedding coordinator told her "Pay it, or you arent getting married here tomorrow." I could not believe someone would say something like that to a bride the day before her wedding.
So that right there is what left a very bad taste in my mouth about this hotel. It would be considered decent otherwise; good maybe for a business traveller who is simply looking for a place to sleep. But I certainly would NOT recommend this place to a bridal party!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 175 acres, this 5 chalet resort & spa is nestled in the majestic beauty and natural serenity of Northern Ontario. Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is ideally located five minutes from the urban center, ten minutes from Timmins Airport and five minutes away from the Shopping Mall. Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is proud to welcome you to Timmins’ very first wellness spa, Le Spa Grande Nature! As Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is continuously growing, people gradually understand our philosophy:“We want you to experience and feel nature the way it is intended to be.”Offering the convenience of a year round resort & spa, guests are welcomed by the natural surroundings, the genuine warmth of the staff, the richness of the appointments and the tranquility of the country setting. This environment is perfect for a wedding ceremony, working, or relaxing! Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa restaurant Le Voyageur Dining Room offers a quiet and romantic atmosphere where you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch or dinner! If you prefer not to leave the comfort of your room, your meal can be brought to you at your leisure by using our in-room dining service. Why not take advantage of our complimentary exercise room open 24 hours for your convenience? Afterwards, enjoy a hot sauna in the spa’s Infra-Red Sauna. At Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa you can even get up close and personal with moose, bison and elk, while riding on a tractor drawn wagon! This Wilderness Tour is offered daily to the public.Whether you join us for a night, a weekend or longer, Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa has all the amenities you expect and the thoughtful extras that will make your stay memorable. Premier and Executive Suites provide for the perfect getaway. Indulge yourself in a setting that includes a two person Jacuzzi, soft romantic fireplaces and comfortable living rooms. For those individuals here on business, all our suites are designed to provide you with comfort and practicality. Our modern facilities include hi-speed wireless internet access. Offering a pristine rural setting that gives you complete privacy while providing big city business facilities and services. Choose from four fully equipped conference rooms ideal for groups of 10 to 150 people and one outdoor tent that can sit up to 300 guests.Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is a special place that captures the very way you live. A resort that is rich in character, elegant in detail, and offers the very best in service and hospitality, assuring you of a memorable stay no matter what time of year you visit. Truly a four season resort & spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Meadows Hotel Timmins
- Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa Timmins, Ontario