My wife and I have stayed at Cedar Meadows a few times. Very nice scenery and great restaurant.... I was very disappointed on a couple of occasions:
1. We had stayed during renovations of the hotel, which entailed having the carpets removed in the main hallway. This was very loud and dirty and took place in the early morning.
2. We had stayed this past Summer when a wedding was taking place. The wedding pavilion is a stone's throw from the main building where the rooms are located. Music was very loud (you could feel the bass in the room), kids were running and screaming literally 10 feet from our patio door. This persisted until approx 1 am and the "aftermath" of the wedding was still very loud until about 2 am.
This is unacceptable for a "resort". We are a young couple and usually don't mind the "partying", however my wife has been sick and I did not appreciate that she was unable to sleep 2 of our last 3 visits.
1. Why are these wedding bookings (which I am sure are booked well in advance) not expressed to the guests when they are making a reservation? Also, why are the rooms not reduced in price??
2. Do your construction at say Noon, instead of at 8 or 9. This will ensure most of your guests are awake/checked-out.
3. Relocate your wedding pavilion. The Summer is the most beautiful time at Cedar Meadows with the scenery and animals. This also coincides with Wedding season. Not too sure why you would destroy it.
Although immeasurable, I will guarantee this has resulted in a loss of a large sum of money/return customer base,
4. As a professional business, do you realize that once you lose customers that they will never return? Being respectful, upfront and honest with customers will go a long way in having return clients. I have a hard time seeing young children, elderly, or business people returning to a "resort" where they cannot sleep and relax. We are well traveled people and I have never stayed at a hotel/resort where I cannot sleep from the noise.
"They" say that for every 1 customer that will make a written or verbal complaint, this actually represents 20 customers. FYI on our last stay we ran into a couple at the Timmins airport that had just stayed at Cedar Meadows and they said they would never return. What are the chances of that?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 175 acres, this 5 chalet resort & spa is nestled in the majestic beauty and natural serenity of Northern Ontario. Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is ideally located five minutes from the urban center, ten minutes from Timmins Airport and five minutes away from the Shopping Mall. Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is proud to welcome you to Timmins’ very first wellness spa, Le Spa Grande Nature! As Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is continuously growing, people gradually understand our philosophy:“We want you to experience and feel nature the way it is intended to be.”Offering the convenience of a year round resort & spa, guests are welcomed by the natural surroundings, the genuine warmth of the staff, the richness of the appointments and the tranquility of the country setting. This environment is perfect for a wedding ceremony, working, or relaxing! Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa restaurant Le Voyageur Dining Room offers a quiet and romantic atmosphere where you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch or dinner! If you prefer not to leave the comfort of your room, your meal can be brought to you at your leisure by using our in-room dining service. Why not take advantage of our complimentary exercise room open 24 hours for your convenience? Afterwards, enjoy a hot sauna in the spa’s Infra-Red Sauna. At Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa you can even get up close and personal with moose, bison and elk, while riding on a tractor drawn wagon! This Wilderness Tour is offered daily to the public.Whether you join us for a night, a weekend or longer, Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa has all the amenities you expect and the thoughtful extras that will make your stay memorable. Premier and Executive Suites provide for the perfect getaway. Indulge yourself in a setting that includes a two person Jacuzzi, soft romantic fireplaces and comfortable living rooms. For those individuals here on business, all our suites are designed to provide you with comfort and practicality. Our modern facilities include hi-speed wireless internet access. Offering a pristine rural setting that gives you complete privacy while providing big city business facilities and services. Choose from four fully equipped conference rooms ideal for groups of 10 to 150 people and one outdoor tent that can sit up to 300 guests.Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is a special place that captures the very way you live. A resort that is rich in character, elegant in detail, and offers the very best in service and hospitality, assuring you of a memorable stay no matter what time of year you visit. Truly a four season resort & spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Meadows Hotel Timmins
- Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa Timmins, Ontario