Cedar Meadows Resort is situated conveniently near to Timmins, but in a very pleasant and quiet countryside setting - pretty ideal, really. There's even a "wilderness tour" ride where you can view the hotel's moose, bison and elk (one of which is white!), although we didn't do this during our stay.
The staff were friendly and helpful, especially good at making recommendations on places to eat and helping us to get our bearings on the map they kindly provided of the Timmins area.
Several weeks before our arrival, I booked a massage with the resort spa's Registered Massage Therapist, something I always look forward to on holiday as I suffer from joint problems. I was not disappointed and the lovely RMT, Winter, managed to rid my neck and shoulders of tension and knots and left my joints feeling much more soothed and comfortable.
Our room was very nice, comfortable and well-equipped, with a exceptionally good bed. There was only one problem: even with all of the lights switched on, it was extremely dark and dingy! I know that many hotels these days provide this kind of supposedly relaxing lighting, but this was one of the darkest I've yet experienced. It was even fairly dark in the bathroom, so getting ready in the morning and trying to apply make-up was an interesting experience, to say the least!
Whilst we'd be more than happy to stay at the resort again, I really wish that they'd provide better lighting in the rooms. If so, then I'd upgrade my rating to 5 stars, for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 175 acres, this 5 chalet resort & spa is nestled in the majestic beauty and natural serenity of Northern Ontario. Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is ideally located five minutes from the urban center, ten minutes from Timmins Airport and five minutes away from the Shopping Mall. Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is proud to welcome you to Timmins’ very first wellness spa, Le Spa Grande Nature! As Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is continuously growing, people gradually understand our philosophy:“We want you to experience and feel nature the way it is intended to be.”Offering the convenience of a year round resort & spa, guests are welcomed by the natural surroundings, the genuine warmth of the staff, the richness of the appointments and the tranquility of the country setting. This environment is perfect for a wedding ceremony, working, or relaxing! Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa restaurant Le Voyageur Dining Room offers a quiet and romantic atmosphere where you can enjoy your breakfast, lunch or dinner! If you prefer not to leave the comfort of your room, your meal can be brought to you at your leisure by using our in-room dining service. Why not take advantage of our complimentary exercise room open 24 hours for your convenience? Afterwards, enjoy a hot sauna in the spa’s Infra-Red Sauna. At Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa you can even get up close and personal with moose, bison and elk, while riding on a tractor drawn wagon! This Wilderness Tour is offered daily to the public.Whether you join us for a night, a weekend or longer, Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa has all the amenities you expect and the thoughtful extras that will make your stay memorable. Premier and Executive Suites provide for the perfect getaway. Indulge yourself in a setting that includes a two person Jacuzzi, soft romantic fireplaces and comfortable living rooms. For those individuals here on business, all our suites are designed to provide you with comfort and practicality. Our modern facilities include hi-speed wireless internet access. Offering a pristine rural setting that gives you complete privacy while providing big city business facilities and services. Choose from four fully equipped conference rooms ideal for groups of 10 to 150 people and one outdoor tent that can sit up to 300 guests.Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa is a special place that captures the very way you live. A resort that is rich in character, elegant in detail, and offers the very best in service and hospitality, assuring you of a memorable stay no matter what time of year you visit. Truly a four season resort & spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Meadows Hotel Timmins
- Cedar Meadows Resort & Spa Timmins, Ontario