“If this is your only choice - sleep in your car”
Review of Regal Motel

Regal Motel
Regal Motel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Timmins
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My mom always said "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" but I need to tell you about this place. I hate to say bad things about a place but don't stay here.

If this is your only option sleep in your car.

My dad and I were up for one night. I was on business and he came a long to visit the Shania Twain sites. We got a room with two beds, both of which appeared made but when we opened them were wrinkled and full of hairs. Dad's bed even had food crumbs in it. I called for clean sheets which arrived promptly but I had to make the beds myself. The room smelled terribly of smoke and there were cigarette burns in the carpet. Nothing has been done to modernize this place since it was built. Even Terrantino could not imagine a worse motel room. There was hair all over the bathroom and the towels were either threadbare and faded or grey with age and had holes in them. I had to sleep in my clothes and shiver to this day with the thought of staying there. Drive the extra 7 minutes into Timmins and do not stay here. If you do you were warned. The headboard of the bed had felt bumpers on it, presumably to silence them when bumping against the wall. I could almost tell the make and model of all the rigs that drove by during the night because of the different ways the room shook. We also got a wake up call at 04:30 that we had not asked for. We were talking about that in the morning in the parking lot and our neighbour said that his came at 4:00. This will go down in history as the worst place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank PegLeg-and-SherBear

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was on a business trip in Timmins, Ontario. I stayed at the Regal Motel in South Porcupine, just outside of Timmins. The owners that run the place are VERY VERY friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean, roomy, and comfortable. I've stayed there twice over the last 6 months on business and would stay again FOR SURE!!!! And the rates are cheap!!!!! Well worth the stay!

Room Tip: fridges and microwaves included
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Heidi T
Reviewed December 1, 2009

It is not often that you find a small hotel like this that is so well managed. The little green plant by the sink is a nice touch.

We are glad to be going home after 4 months, but will be back again in spring next year. Save us a room.

Merry Xmas!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
11  Thank Minerdude
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This was nothing like any of the reviews. It was noisy, dark and dreary. Nothing like what I was hoping for. I was up at 5:00 am because you are right on the highway and you can hear right through the walls. It was not a relaxing stay!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank BulanOntario
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I have been staying here for over 20 years now, absolutely love this place, its my home away from home. They always wait for me even when I arrive late.

I get everything I need, like wireless internet. The new bathrooms make it even better, good job, keep it up.

See you in September.

Ed

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
11  Thank EDCont
Reviewed July 24, 2006

I used to work at a Five Star Hotel myself, but this place is sparkling clean, and the rates are so goood, it was unbeleivable... We had reservations and arrived late at night, and when we went to our room, we were like........Wow...this is so nice. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank KZ2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Brantford, ON
Reviewed May 10, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Regal Motel, and we both agree that this is the cleanest motel in the North.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business