“Good food, nice place, long wait”
Review of Wacky's Timmins

Wacky's Timmins
Ranked #12 of 96 Restaurants in Timmins
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza, Canadian
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The overall experience was good. We went on a Wednesday night, as we discovered and for those who don't know, this is "all you can eat wing night", so the wait was 45 minutes plus. We weren't in a hurry and scavenged two seats at the packed bar. The bartender made great recommendations (Mango Daiquiri with Tequila) and when we got to our seats we were in a nice booth away from the main area which was nice. Our waitress was efficient but was rushed, not her fault and the food was good. My favorite of the night was the appetizer Idaho Nachos - they are like potato skins but wedges covered in cheese and toppings. Greasy but good. The wings were fine and overall I was quite happy with the experience. You need to be willing to wait patiently to go here as it is new. Great place for kids and families as the arcade at the back is a nice touch. I found the prices more than reasonable and the wings were tasty.

1  Thank NiceHotelSeeker

Reviewed March 13, 2013

There were eight customers. two bartenders,three waitresses and a manager. My wife and I were the only two in our section for the first 30 min. yet,it took 5 minutes to get a menu and a further 20 minutes to get a coffee. During this 20 minute wait,the waitress was nowhere to be seen,and the manager was walking around like she was looking for something to do,but even though we were sitting over closed menus(clearly ready to order) and I gave her my best "losing patience" look,she never came table or sent the waitress over. The order of 6 wings,jerk burger and hamburger took 30 minutes to prepare. During this time ,I waited to flag the waitress down for another coffee. No such luck. When the order arrived the first problem was that we ordered sweet potatoe frie as sides and got regular fries. The waitress admitted the mistake buit that was the end of that. Next...the fries were cold,(not luck warm) cold! She offered to replace them,big deal,then the rest of our order would have been luke warm sitting under heat lamps while the new fries were made. The wings were great! The burgers were dry and flavourless. The fries...cold and mushy!!! I told the waitress we were not happy and at the very least,we weren't paying for the frie. She remarked," oh thts OK, the fries come free as a side on the lunch menu. There,terrible meal,no service at all other than 1 coffee and bring the wrong meal....not once did she come to check if we needed anything or "how's everything"!! I believe this is the first time in my life that I didn't leave the customary 15%. I LEFT NOTHING!!! Never again!!

1  Thank Amagog
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Cons:
As mentioned in the other reviews, the wait to get a seat can be extremely long. The service was embarrassingly poor and amateurish; not only did one person in our group receive his food without utensils, he had to wait 20 minutes to get a fork after notifying the waitress. The honeybbq wings were some of the worst I've ever tasted.

Pros: Good selection of beer, nice bar, large number of TVs

Bottom Line: Wacky Wings may be a good place for those wishing to try the more adventurous of the wing flavours or for people looking to grab a beer and watch the game, but for good service and wings with more traditional flavours, Wacky Wings doesn't come close to besting what is offered at other restaurants in Timmins.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoyed Wacky Wings food, but the wait was horrendously LONG! They are very popular. Apparently only available in Northern Ontario towns. Kingston needs this place. The Granddaughters enjoyed the arcade. Service was excellent. It is a little noisy, but everyone is there to enjoy themselves. Be sure a make a reservation well enough ahead or you could be waiting an hour or more. However at one time they state you have to have ten or more people before they make a reservation and the next time they say they don't make reservations???? However we found Wings to be delicious!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great food, great service and an arcade that the kids loved!! We were a fairly large group and were accomodated nonetheless.