“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Timmins
Lively
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been to Timmins in years and didn't know where to stay so I booked this place based on Tripadvisor. It was a good choice. The staff were friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The hotel was extremely clean which must be a feat considering the road salt and sand that gets dragged in. Our suite was comfortable with the basic amenities we required. There is a bit of hall noise which is normal for any hotel. There is also a bit of street noise which is to be expected due to the downtown location. The included breakfast was delicious and there was a good variety of hot and cold food. All in all if I ever find myself in Timmins again I would stay here.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank SunboundSudbury
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you SunboundSudbury for acknowledging the friendliness of our team, good breakfast selection and cleanliness of the hotel. You are right....dragged in road salt doesn't make cleaning any easier, but we are determined to keep the hotel looking tip top for all our guests who are visiting. We do hope you will make Timmins a stop on future travels and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Recently stayed here for business. I had been to the hotel a couple of times and started using it while in Timmins for business, and my prior visits were good. This visit however I was very disappointed with the room. I had booked a room with 2 queen beds for $200 a night with tax, however I was given a room with 1 queen bed. The second headboard was still attached to the wall, but a small table and two chairs were placed in front of it. The room was very small, so I'm not sure if they took out the second bed because the room was so small. I did like that the room had a microwave and a mini fridge, but there was a loud buzz that came from the fridge, so I had to turn the fridge down to the lowest level so that it only buzzed occasionally. The room was clean, furnishings were nice, and I didn't have any issues with service. The pool and exercise rooms are quite small. The breakfast was alright. So overall, good hotel and alright stay, but at $200/night for a room with one queen bed, terrible value. Because of this, I'll probably stay elsewhere when I'm in town for business.

Room Tip: If you book a room for 2 queen beds, call ahead to ensure that they don't switch you to a room w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you Adam for your review of our hotel, and for the high scores related to our location, cleanliness and service. Thank you as well for taking a few minutes to speak with me directly by phone moments ago. We understand the importance of discussing room changes with our guests and will use your experience as a tool for additional training. We hope you will allow us an opportunity to welcome you again in future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We come to Tmmins alot. It is our firts time here at the HDI express.

The place is very clean, staff is polite and very kind. Room are spaciouse and clean.

We will come back here next time. The hotel is downtown well located.

Pool and fitness center are nice too!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you MSP250 for your review of our hotel. We do pride ourself on the cleanliness of our hotel and the kindness of our staff....two very important factors when choosing a hotel in which to stay. We look forward to welcoming you back as your travels to Timmins allow. All the best for a safe and enjoyable holiday season.
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My project manager thought we should try this new hotel so we can decide if we should stay there when the team heads up there in the Spring. So they booked me for 5 nights out of the 2 weeks I was up there. It was a long trip up there and I was not in the mood to argue or go and find a new hotel so I just signed the papers so I could go to sleep. The first thing I was told was, they gave my reserved room away. They showed me a list of the charges for the room considerable more than my reservation. They did did not honor the 2 month reservation I had made because their rates change from day to day..I was told.

I woke up early the next morning and noticed there was no fridge or microwave. When I asked about it at the front desk, they told me it will cost additional $30-$40/night if I wanted a beer fridge and a microwave to heat my meal.

The fridge problem was solved really fast when I noticed the heavy cold draft coming into the room from under the Heater/Air conditioning unit. It was so cold all I had to do was put my drinks down at the base and it kept them chilled. Some even froze.

So for the 5 nights with a basic room cost me almost $1000. I spent 3 nights in Travel lodge before moving further north and that cost me less than $300 with a fridge and a microwave and no cold draft.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tomm D
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you Tomm D for taking the time to share this review with the Tripadvisor.com community. When booking Holiday Inn Express hotels, you can rest assured that you will be provided with the room type booked, or a superior one, at the rate which you confirmed at the time of booking. While you mentioned, on one hand, that “they” booked you in, you later alluded that you may have made the reservation yourself. If someone else booked it for you, we hope you could reach out to confirm the room type and rate that was originally booked. If you were charged more than your original booking, we would be more than happy to apply the appropriate rebates, and more, to make the situation right. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us for the 5 nights, despite realizing there may have been a rate issue on your first day. When these matters are brought to our attention, we pride ourself on our ability to make the situation right. Many companies have corporate rates set up with us for standard rooms and our upgraded suites (with fridge and microwave), which we honour when booked through the proper channels . We have been able to locate your specific reservation and determined the room booked, and occupied, over those 5 days. This has helped us to make the necessary correction to the seal on your in-room heating unit, for the enjoyment of our future guests. All the best for a safe and enjoyable holiday season.
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This new hotel in Timmins is not a bad option. I stayed here for business. The staff were very helpful. The rooms are clean and modern. I did not use the gym or hotel but they look decent (although the pool is quite small).

The free breakfast buffet is good too and they have one of the cool pancake machines.

My only compliant would be they do not have refrigerators in the room. I was told they only had these in the suites. I would consider a fridge a standard item, not a luxury. Otherwise great new hotel.

I will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you Mgillen for your review of our hotel. We pleased that your found our staff to be helpful and the room to meet your needs for this visit. Thank you as well for commenting on the cool pancake machine....it is a popular feature of our daily breakfast offering. We look forward to welcoming back soon
Newmarket, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Certainly a clean place.
Pretty much what you would expect from a holiday inn express
One bad thing about the location is that it is kind of far to walk to anywhere interesting.
There is plenty of parking, and many of the spots have a plug in for your vehicles engine.

The restaurant inside the Inn was shut down when i went there

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you Alexandar for your review of our hotel and for making a special note of how clean it is. Our breakfast room is open from 6:30am-9:30am weekdays and 7am-10am daily for the complimentary breakfast which we offer. The hotel does not feature an on-site restaurant, however there are many options for dining and shopping within walking distance of the hotel. Thank you for being our guest....we hope to welcome you back again soon.
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Lovely, clean, well situated hotel. The room and bathroom were what is expected from a Holiday Inn Express. The bed was very comfortable. Free parking and breakfast. I found the breakfast lacked variety and was laden with carbohydrates and very little protein. The heating unit in my room was very noisy and was a nuisance at night. I let the front desk know about the problem and I hope they have taken care of it. Great staff all around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
J0hnCrescenzi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Timmins, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you Torontotraveler123 for taking the time to share a review of our hotel. We're pleased that you found the hotel to be clean, bed to be comfortable and staff to be friendly. Thank you as well for the comment on breakfast. While we do feature a variety of items on a rotational basis (scrambled eggs/cheese omelettes, bacon, sausages and ham), we endeavour to provide a large enough variety so our guests staying for multiple days can have something different each day. Based on feedback that we have received in many of our hotels, we know that Holiday Inn Express is currently testing some new/replacement items in a few test hotels at this time, and we are told that we can expect to see some changes in the new year. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope we can the "probably" in your review title to "definitely". Thank you again for being our guest.