“Great except for the last visit.”
Review of Encore Chinese

Encore Chinese
Ranked #56 of 94 Restaurants in Timmins
Cuisines: Chinese
Timmins
“Great except for the last visit.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

It took almost two hours for delivery, after they originally said one hour. In the chicken fried rice which is usually awesome, the meat was substituted, with what looked and tasted like raw fish. I will never go back.

• Visited October 2013

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Good take-out food”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I ordered and picked up take-out food on a Saturday evening. When I went to the restaurant to pick it up, I was a little put off by the untidy area at the back of the restaurant, in front of the kitchen. Also, for 6pm on a Saturday, I thought there should be more tables occupied than the one that I saw. It was my first visit to the restaurant, so I was a little concerned that I had made a poor decision. The lady who took my payment and gave me my food was very nice, so I can say the service seems really good. When I got back to my hotel and started to eat, my concerns were put aside; the food was very good. Although it was a little low on salt for my taste, that was easy to remedy. And the Sechuan beef noodles were the hottest I've ever had. But I learned that I should have taken them out of the take-out container and mixed them up. The top of the container was about a 75 out of 10 on the hotness scale, but the bottom was very mild. All in all, I was a little nervous because of the appearance of the restaurant, but definitely enjoyed the food, and the price was Excellent!

• Visited October 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Double Wow for Encore Chinese”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I live in the U.S. and when I come home to Timmins for a visit, my mom, niece and daughter and I always have our girls' night out at Encore Chinese. It is an amazing, cozy little place in the downtown core of Timmins. Bravo for Encore Chinese-your reputation makes you the best discovery in Northern Ontario. I also have to add that the service is excellent.

A.L. Smith

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Anne Louise S
Belle River, Canada
“Fresh, Fast, Friendly and Fair Prices.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I would have never found this restaurant except I looked on line and it got such good reviews.
Got into Timmins late and was please to find them open until 9PM on weekdays, was more pleased when I saw so many authentic dishes on their menu. They even customized a dish for me to allow me a lower cost dinner. Atmosphere is basic, food and staff are awesome. Thanks!

• Visited April 2013
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great Food friendly staff what more can you ask for oh yeah the right price.Downtown Timmins doesn't have much anymore and it is nice just to have a place like this close to home

• Visited January 2013