“Thank You”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Timmins
Shillington, Canada
“Thank You”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I were SO happy with our stay at the Days Inn. We could not have been happier right from the start with booking the room till the check out. The receptionist was so inviting, bubbly, and helpful. Quick check-in. And the room was everything we were hoping for...clean, spacious and economical. Everyone we came in contact with was so helpful and so friendly to talk to. I like to sleep with extra pillows and that was no problem...they were sent up right away. And the continental breakfast...YUMMO! A nice start to our morning. Will definately be staying with you again when the time arrives. Upon our quick checkout I had to personally say "thank you" to the staff and a special thx to Laurie. Actually didn't want to leave...LoL! Thx again and see you this time next year :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write these wonderful comments. It is very encouraging for our great staff to be recognized! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great experience during my first stay at the hotel. I believe I got one of the newly renovated rooms which was comfortable and well presented. The dining room, although fairly expensive, is probably the classiest meal that you will get in Timmins.
My 5 star rating comes from the extended service I received during my check-out. I mentioned to the front desk that my flight was 6 hours from my extended check-out, and a gentleman nearby (possibly the owner or GM) arranged for me to have my room back at no charge so I could continue to work during the day until leaving for the airport.
I will absolutely be coming back here on my next trip.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David P
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for writing this review!!! It is always encouraging to hear positive comments such as these and I will ensure staff read them. Again thank you and have a great weekend!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2012

They have the most impolite and rude receptionists I have ever seen in my life,awful service..
They made me wait in the lobby for half an hour for a room which has already been reserved for me and didn't let me check in,at -11 they made me go out of the hotel to go to the bar through back door,gave me a room in front of training room with lots of noise at 6 am,I never found their manager to complain,i had fish for supper which hasn't been cleaned properly and was full of bones.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Louise B, Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the treatment you received during your stay with us.
As you could see we were renovating our lobby and entrance and unfortunately because of the way the hotel is built that was the only way in or out. As for the rude desk clerks I will address that issue without delay. I do thank you for pointing that out to me and taking the time to write this. Guests comments are always important and help us improve our defficiencies.

Travelers are raving about these Timmins hotels

Toronto
Reviewed October 25, 2012

An older hotel, which has gone through extensive renovations. The rooms are nicely decorated and spacious, the only issue is the bathrooms still have a touch of a dated look to them.
Friendly staff, central location and quite a quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments. They are always appreciated and encouraging. These comments help us in improving our product and services. Have a great weekend!
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had to stay here on a recent business trip. I rated this place average, and I think this is the best way to describe this hotel. You don't get anything extra, and the breakfast was ok. However I find for myself, I hardly ate anything since I did not like the offerings.

One word of advice, when booking a room ask for one that has been renovated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Just to let you know that our "older" section is being renovated as I type this. LOL!! The rooms will have all new furniture identical to the Tower Rooms, new beds, freshley painted and renovated bathrooms, and the hallways are also getting new wallpaper, carpet and lighting. So perhaps the next time you come, I can show you the renovations, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised. Have a great weekend!!!
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hello,

My name is Susan. I`m having trouble getting answers to my problem. Managers didn`t call, no follow up was done.
Here is my problem. I recently went to Timmins, Ontario at your Days Inn on October 5th and 6th for my husband`s grandmother who is very ill. Suggested to all family members to stay at your hotel and regretted that very much.
My problem, upon checking in, my husband gave the clerk our credit card. This was around 2:30pm. We went to have supper in the restaurant in your building, finished around 10:30pm. Told the waitress to charge this to our room. She went to verify at the front desk that we were indeed customers in room 335 and found that our credit card was still at the front desk. She asked the clerk why our card was still there. Nobody had contacted us, no message was left on our phone, nothing. She(waitress) then took our card and hand delivered it to us in the restaurant. I`m sure if this happened to you, you would not be too happy. Very upsetting to know that our credit card was at the front desk all this time and nobody had the decency to let us know. I was told the manager would certainly be contacting me because this was certainly not alright. Nobody has bothered. With the amount of people going through the lobby i am now looking at having to cancel my card. Not to mention that my in-laws called on behalf of all 3 couples those 2 nights that the noise level at 3am was intolerable. Party was on beside us and they were running in the hallway screaming and yelling. Nothing was done on that subject either.

I can't believe nobody is answering to why they never even stopped the screaming in the hallways, even when my inlaws left at 1am because they could not tolerate it anymore.

Even after all these ratings, you people still did not take care of the problems. SOMEONE ANSWER PLEASE.

Susan

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan Losier P
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Day ,
I did send a response to you yesterday. I do sincerely apologize for these inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I assure you that these issues have been dealt with accordingly, and I do thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Louise Brazeau
Operations Manager
Toronto
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here on a busy Saturday night when all other places were booked up. We did get a tower room that had been renovated but it was very noisy with traffic sounds all night. The elavators ran at a snail's pace. The worst part was the parking garage. It is not gated, guarded or controled at all. At 6pm the dark entrance had large groups of loitering people smoking and drinking. We entered in a pickup truck and by the second level down, we could find no empty spaces and could go no further because the ceiling is too low, we had to reverse up the two levels through oncoming cars trying to find a space as well. Later in the evening we did find a space on the first level. In the morning we discovered that the loitering crowds of people had used the first level as their washroom and the stink was awful! We had to wash our truck and drive with all windows open for the day. Never again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SEG665
Louise B, General Manager at The Senator Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I personally answered this guest.
Louise Brazeau