“Good ice cream”

Merla-Mae Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 6 Dessert in Thunder Bay
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The ice cream at Merla-Mae is very good, and the cones are a very good size, but find they are rather on the expensive side, so only go there about once a summer. The service is very good and the staff seems to be very polite.

1  Thank Twooldies70
There are newer reviews for Merla-Mae Ice Cream

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Best soft serve, good food too. Has been around FOREVER!! Summer must-visit in Thunder Bay. Twin soft-serve cone is great, really good butterscotch sundae too.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Hi. I first had their chicken sandwich in 1975. I love it.
We went today for the first time this season. I'm not sure if they've changed the supplier, but the chicken burger seemed to be of poor quality.
Both my husband & I threw away some of the french fries. We used to like them. Today they didn't taste at all like a potato. They didn't really taste like anything.
We won't be ordering food again this summer.
Guess we'll stick to ice cream.

1  Thank karenpiglet
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Thunder Bay is not the place for good meat I guess. I don't know what their burger patties are made from, but it's not 100% beef, that's for sure. The ultimate burger came fresh and hot. The bun was great but we threw away the meat after a couple of bites, yuck. Thankfully the fries were perfect and the milk shake and soft serve ice cream were delicious. The girls working the counter were very nice and courteous. We'll only go back for ice cream, not the burgers.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

It's on Memorial Drive and constantly busy. But worth the wait, the shakes were creamy and my cheeseburger heavenly! Exactly what was needed after a long day of driving and exploring.