“Great place to eat! Excellent selection of fine Beers”
Review of Gargoyles - CLOSED

Gargoyles
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After sending forever trying to park, we entered Gargoyles, the food was excellent, the beer was cold, although the server had no idea how to pour a draught beer...

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Somehow, with a table of about 16, these folks almost hit a home run. I remember when this place opened a couple decades ago; they had this brilliant caesar salad, very bold in that it was just loaded with garlic and crushed peppercorns. No one would do that back then, and it was great. But a year or so later, they backed right off and it was a typical, nothing caesar. Good food, but not great at that time. A couple more visits in 20 years, same thing, so I wrote them off.
Fast forward to my buddy's retirement gig, and the caesar salad is actually worse. But the Mains!!! I had the salmon, and it was cooked perfectly. Not so heavily sauced that it didn't overpower the fish; really impressive. My wife, and half or more of the rest of the table had the herbed chicken, and it was fantastic too; way above average.
I don't get the problem with the caesar; the server said my portion was tossed with everyone else's, but I could SEE that theirs had dressing and parm, but I swear I had almost none. I mentioned it, they corrected it, but it was still nothing special. What I wouldn't do for another Gargoyles early 90's caesar salad again.....very good effort, anyway.
Great service too, I might add, and the live blues music? LOVE!! I think I'm coming back....

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food was good. A little pricy depending on what you ordered but was a fun place to go. Nice representation of the food,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food was amazing, our waitress was attentive and very helpful when we asked about food recommendations.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had out staff Christmas party at Gargoyles. I was very impressed. Service was always right there. Food was very food... steaks were cooked perfectly. Good atmosphere, it was a fun night out. I would book a party there anytime.

1  Thank gluecipher