“Great way to usher-in the New Year”

Rose Valley Lodge & Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 288 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Canadian, German, Swiss, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are by reservation only with one dinner sitting at 7:00 pm Thursday to Sunday. First reservation chooses the main entree for that evening. Experience a delectable 5-course meal in a quiet, intimate setting on secluded 440 acres of meadows, forest and ancient mountains. Make it a full getaway with an overnight stay in one of two log cabins available for rent.
Red Lake, Canada
“Great way to usher-in the New Year”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had the 7-course meal New Year's Eve and stayed the night, and once again Markus did not disappoint! Great service by Deb; the other guests were like friends at the end of the meal. The setting, among the hills of South Gillies, superb. When he's done the final (dessert) course, Markus comes out to meet, greet and chat with the guests: a very pleasant environment!

• Visited December 2013

Thunder Bay
“Always amazing!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We go to Rose Valley every year for our anniversary and have always always loved it. It's not just meal, its an experience. It's so relaxing and it forces you to settle down and enjoy the moment. The food is absolutely second to none and Markus is so easy and welcoming. I love that the food is local and everything is fresh. It's a real experience that I think everyone should take on once in their lives.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JRalli
“Romantic get away in Thunder Bay”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've live in Thunder Bay most of my life and only found our about this place through trip advisor. We ended up staying the night with the dinner package. There's an option to being your own food but trust me, you'll want to eat here. Food and presentation was like nothing we've had. It was definitely great. It comes with a complimentary breakfast also which was great. Also it was very nice that they were able to prepare a gluten free meal for my wife. You have to let them know in advance.... We lucked out.

When we got there, we almost turned around because the first thing we had seen is an old 19th century home. It's a good thing we didnt. The cabins gave you total isolation and privacy with a great view of the hillside. Internet signal was poor and no TV though. But I guess that would defy the purpose of being isolated from the city... Which is nice once in a while. They have hiking trails and a few good places where you can snap some pictures.

The owners were very friendly and made time to have a conversation with you without delaying your food. You can tell everything was freshly made. You may want to come with an empty stomach too. The course of the meal took about 1.5 hours by the time they brought you the fifth plate, I think? Needless to say, there gave you that many plates to finish the meal. And I ate everything, even some fruits that I didn't like. Overall I give this a 9.8 out of 10

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank jmag80
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have never been disappointed at Rose Valley. Excellent meal, attentive service and friendly chef/host who come out to meet and greet during the meal! Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank clayacres
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Amazing Food, Friendly Atmosphere, Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Rose Valley for our 1 year anniversary dinner. This was our second visit and both times were excellent.
The setting is so beautiful and quiet and I love being able to look out from the dining area at all the animals (horses, sheep, bunnies, hummingbirds etc.).
Markus (the owner/chef) and his wife are so friendly and inviting and will take the time to chat with you during and after the meal. The service is excellent.
The food is fabulous! The dinner is so good no matter what you have and the desserts are so yummy that even after you've had 4 courses you have no problem finishing the 5th.
The amount you pay for all of the above is well worth the drive out (which really isn't that far).
We are already planning our next visit!

• Visited August 2013