“Wonderful meal”

Rose Valley Lodge & Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 288 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: European, German, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are by reservation only with one dinner sitting at 7:00 pm Thursday to Sunday. First reservation chooses the main entree for that evening. Experience a delectable 5-course meal in a quiet, intimate setting on secluded 440 acres of meadows, forest and ancient mountains. Make it a full getaway with an overnight stay in one of two log cabins available for rent.
Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful meal”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have never been disappointed at Rose Valley. Excellent meal, attentive service and friendly chef/host who come out to meet and greet during the meal! Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank clayacres

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Amazing Food, Friendly Atmosphere, Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Rose Valley for our 1 year anniversary dinner. This was our second visit and both times were excellent.
The setting is so beautiful and quiet and I love being able to look out from the dining area at all the animals (horses, sheep, bunnies, hummingbirds etc.).
Markus (the owner/chef) and his wife are so friendly and inviting and will take the time to chat with you during and after the meal. The service is excellent.
The food is fabulous! The dinner is so good no matter what you have and the desserts are so yummy that even after you've had 4 courses you have no problem finishing the 5th.
The amount you pay for all of the above is well worth the drive out (which really isn't that far).
We are already planning our next visit!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Julie C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised my girlfriend for her birthday with an overnight stay and she absolutely loved it!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I surprised my girlfriend for her birthday by taking her out for a romantic evening and overnight stay. She absolutely loved it!!! From the setting to the food and the relaxing cabin it was a wonderful experience that we'd love to do again in the future.

Marcus is an absolutely amazing chef and the 5 course meal was delicious!!! We wished we could have kept eating! The breakfast was wonderful as well. We felt like family while we were there.

We were able to bring out my girlfriends golden retriever and went for a nice walk in the countryside. We highly recommend Rose Valley Lodge!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank gary b
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Excellent night out, or romantic overnight”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The host is an excellent chef. The food is phenomenal, and the venue beautiful... looking out on to low planes, with horses and the occaisional dear... remote, rustic, romantic... strongly recommended.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Bryan M
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Worth the 1/2 hour drive.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Amazing dinner tonight at Rose Valley Resort and Restaurant. Started with a colourful and tasty pea soup, followed by a simple but flavourful broccoli salad with almond slivers and cranberries. Next was the lightest ravioli pasta I have ever eaten filled with spinach. The main course was perfectly cooked pickerel with a fennel sauce garnished roasted baby potatoes, carrots and celery root. Finish it all off with a very light chocolate mousse with orange zest and mint leaves.
For our wine selection, I asked for the chefs suggestion, and he said he had a wine that is not on the list from Switzerland and it was a perfect pairing.
Combine this with my wife and four kids (aged 17-25) and I can't think of a better way to spend 3 hours.

• Visited May 2013