“Warm and Inviting”

Rose Valley Lodge & Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 297 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: European, German, Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are by reservation only with one dinner sitting at 7:00 pm Thursday to Sunday. First reservation chooses the main entree for that evening. Experience a delectable 5-course meal in a quiet, intimate setting on secluded 440 acres of meadows, forest and ancient mountains. Make it a full getaway with an overnight stay in one of two log cabins available for rent.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The atmosphere was extremely friendly and calm. Owners were attentive. Food was all fresh and tasty.

1  Thank mbthunderbay
There are newer reviews for Rose Valley Lodge & Restaurant

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have eaten at the Lodge a couple of times now and enjoed both visits.
The negative is the distance from Thunder Bay over country roads we are not that familiar with.

1  Thank Roadrat1948
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Rose valley is a B&B with 2 very comfortable log cabins with all modcons a short walk from the main house where Markus,the host,and his family live and where the meals are served. On arrival down the dirt road, the place looks akin to the Beverly Hillbillies, but the 2 cabins are very clean,modern and comfortable and genuinely attractive. A guest can just buy the room with modest but wholesome breakfast, or opt for the dinner at 40$ per person extra. This is a not to be missed event! Markus provided me with THE most varied and totally delicious dinner! His culinary talents,honed from years in Swiss hotels and in Jerusalem,are quite outstanding! I cannot say enough good things about our dinner. We also sat by a large window looking onto pastoral scenes of rural Ontario. The place is license3d, and the prices of wine very reasonable. Markus is a very welcoming and genial if eccentric host. I absolutely recommend Rose Valley for dining in the Thunder Bay area, as well as travelling through accommodation.

1  Thank unclepaull
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband & I stayed in one cabine & my brother & sister in the other. They were very clean and cozy! Bathrooms were also very clean & well appointed! The food is excellent, Marcus is a great chef & offers so much food. The setting is so pretty and would be beautiful in fall or winter. Thanks for a great stay during our Superior Adventure!!!

1  Thank KL_travel
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Decided to opt for this location instead of Thunder Bay, and glad that I did. A gem in the country. I liked the idea that my two tiny dogs could come and walk around the properity as long they did not bother the farm animals. My little wooden cabin was a delight. Wanted to stay for a couple of days once I saw where I stopped. The quietness of the surroundings was relaxing on my tired mind and body from driving 9 hours. I choose the meal deal, and not disappointing. Markus out did him self with a nice selection and suberb presentation. My sleep was not interrupted by any noise, and also no need for an air conditioner. The breeze from the screens did the trick. Will stop over again, if I head up north again.

1  Thank dashie16