“Great Service, Too Salty”

Kelsey's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kelsey's Neighborhood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 300 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Enjoy one of Canada's original roadhouse restaurants, with Canadian favourites like double stacked burgers and unforgettable chicken wings. At Kelsey's the beer is always cold and a game is always on.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Hadn't been to Kelsey's in quite some time so decided to give it a shot. Service was awesome. The server gave us a deal for a free appetizer and was extremely pleasant. I ordered wings and ribs while my wife ordered a small steak and baked potato. My dinner was OK - it came out like a line-cooked meal vs. a chef's meal. My wife's dinner, on the other hand, was awful due to salt. The baked potato was encrusted in what looked like Parmesan cheese. In fact, it was coarse salt all over the skin! She was informed that all baked potatoes were served this way - which is gross. She was offered a substitute, but not until the end of the meal, so that was declined.

For a few drinks and bar/pub fare, I think Kelsey's does a decent job. For dinner, I think they still need refinements. Service though, is great. Thanks to Kari for her work.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great restaurant in Thunder Bay, super clean and very friendly staff. We had appetizers and beer, but were impressed with the friendly atmosphere of the pub and restaurant. Service with a smile all the way...and very good food too.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Chain restaurants need to improve their accountability for the health of their customers when it comes to fat and salt content in their food.

We were trying to find a place to have inner at 8 pm on a Monday night and everything was closed except McDonalds and Kelsey's near our hotel, so we really didn't have a choice... Kelsey's, and Cara Foods, step up and improve your recipes, and charge fair prices for the food you serve. For the record, I'd have chosen McDonald's over Kelsey's, but my hubby got his way this time. He agreed after that it wasn't the better choice.

This is a city that couldn't even make a go of Swiss Chalet - that location is closed...

Reviewed August 2, 2013

So ate lunch here, had fantastic service, wish I could remember her name, I remember she was Swedish, or Norwegian background, anyway she was phenomenal. Food was great, I had a bit of an issue with my food but it was all taken care of on a very professional level I may add and I thank you for that. We just ate a light lunch here but any time I have been here I love it so I recommend this place as one of the places to eat in Thunder Bay. Try their wings.........GREAT!!!!!!!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We came with a table of 12 and received speedy service and many refills on drinks etc. This was a great place for a quick lunch. Lots of options on menu. Would like to see more healthy choices.