“Specialty Menu a Scam”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

How disappointing given what others told us.

We ordered the Singapore Noodle from the speciality menu along with a combo meal & wonton soup with 2 Vietnamese rolls.

Yet we were highly disappointed with the Singapore Noodle given the enormous price of $28.50. Since they actually do NOT use a true thin rice vermicelli noodle! Then tried to argue when we called back that they order the noodles from TO and we don't really know what should be in the dish?

More importantly when this is staple dish that I favor. I am not sure I would argue a point with someone who eats this dish regularly from other establishments in town & know that they use the correct type of noodle that should be used!!

The portion was great but a cheap take to make as much profit as possible is not an establishment that deserves my future business.

So they make 71$ on the first order but I can certainly say it will be the only time I spend cash at this place. I can guarantee it will be the last time I eat here.

Save some cash & try real asian cuisine elsewhere.

2  Thank Danielle2671

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have a tradition of getting the dinner for six from Chinese Express once every few months and it is always the highlight for my family. The food is delicious and reasonably priced and we've gotten to know the family a little bit over the years as well. It's definitely a family-run business with quality at the heart of it.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Ive been going here for years & it's always great!!! most of the servers remember our 'usual' & my bf & i always have a delicious time inside & out (we sometimes get take out or delivery - which btw is superrrr fast)-

The mom & dad are super sweet, & they are super accommodating - tried to do a reservation on the wknd but was told it was only I think 6 or 8 & up but the girl on the phone made sure to let me know the best time to come in so we wouldn';t be hit w/ a long wait! Few times had to wait during lunch & dinner hr but was never more than 15-20 mins. Have also been for a family birthday where there was 12 of us & they helped us w/ the order for a big table & sang for the cake & everything!

Our faves are the bonbons & the spring rolls! omg I can';t even begin to explain how delish these are & the jj chicken - sometimes i get beef instead or add noodles & either way super good!

i will add once we had a take out and it wasnt as awesome as usual (was super busy - cause the delivery wait was longer than usual which they did mention so maybeit was a bit rushed??) Anyway, called in, let them know adn they helped us right away and switched our order for a new one!

they always keep me coming back!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at Valhalla Inn and this restaurant was recommended for Chinese food. This is a small restaurant on the corner of Arthur St. and Mountdale Avenue. Monday through Saturday they are open at 11:30 and on Sunday and holidays at 3:30. This is a family run business and they are the sweetest family. Service was impeccable and each person had a huge smile on her face. We were treated like part of the family. My husband ordered the BBQ pork and Chinese mixed greens and it was really delicious. I had the sweet and sour shrimp but I liked my husband's meal better. I didn't really like the egg roll. The restaurant was packed with a lot of people coming in for takeout.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

didn't do the buffet dinner just ordered from the menu..
meal was very good in fact it was more than us two old seniors could eat so had the remainder as a carry out. excellent great place to eat and good value for your money..
looking for this place its at the bottom of Memorial Ave in the small mall at shoppers drug mart.. next to the bulk barn.