“Food was good, served hot”

Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #49 of 289 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Description: Offering a casual atmosphere with the view of the Nor'Wester Mountain range. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the new Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar. During the summer months, enjoy your favourite meal from our deck while admiring the reflection of the sun on the mountains, or go for a short walk to our pond and relax in the adirondack chairs while gazing at the water fountain... if lucky you may even see some wildlife!Come and experience the Setting, the Service, the satisfaction.
Calgary, Canada
“Food was good, served hot”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great food served hot and didn't take long. Prices were appropriate. Would be a 5 but the food voucher I got with the room (paid $20) got me a 1 egg breakfast - it was an excellent breakfast with bacon, hashbrowns, toast... but just one egg. Felt cheap.

Visited December 2013
emartineznw, Manager of Business Development at Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear GodoF,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor following your recent experience in our restaurant. I am please to read that you enjoy our food and that it was served hot. We are in the process of re-looking at all the breakfast options associated with our Breakfast rates to expand the options.
I am confident that you will be extremely pleased on your next visit!

Thanks again and best regards,

Manager of Business Development

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I came in from the states and booked a room at the Best Western Nor'Wester. We hadn't had breakfast, so decided to try the hotel restaurant, not expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised! It was awesome! We had the omlet for two for 14.95. It was beautifully presented with roasted red potatoes and a generous side of fresh melons, orange slices, strawberries and grapes! We loved it so much we came back for supper and we weren't disappointed. My husband had fish and chips, and I had the pork slider appetizer plate with deep fried banana peppers. A previous reviewer complained about the fish and chips, but my husband raved about them! He is usually very particular when it comes to fish. My pork sliders with bbq sauce were just the right amount of "spicy," and the deep-fried banana peppers were unique and delicious! The waitress at each meal was very pleasant and accomodating, resulting in top notch service! My only disappointment is that I live 5 hours away!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank suej1234
emartineznw, Executive Chef at Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Suej1234

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time out of your day to write a review about your stay with us. My team and I are glad you enjoyed both your meals. We are constantly trying to improve our food program and we appreciate all feedback! On your next stay may I suggest trying our Panfried Pickeral, it is very popular and if you love our Fish and Chips you will love this as well!

Kind Regards
Anthony Rojik, Executive Chef
Viroqua
“Undiscoverd Little Gem!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Nor'wester Motel several times before but we never ate at their restuarant, the Cliffhanger, before. We sure screwed up before but not this time. The 6 of us all had something different for dinner and we all could not have been more pleased. The good was GREAT and so was the service!! In fact the food was so good we decided to stick around for breakfast and boy oh boy were we happy we did. Most had something different but 2 of us had the thin (Swedish?) pancakes and they were darn good. Everything at both meals came fast and hot. The restaurant is small but the food had big portions and we all were very, VERY pleased!! We will definately stay and eat here again next year.

Visited August 2013
emartineznw, Business Development Manager at Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear BunchieVRQ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that your experience in our new Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar was great and that our hard working staff provided excellent service. Our Executive Chef takes great pride in his work and your wonderful compliments will be passed along to him so that he may see the results of his hard work and dedication.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again next year.
Please feel free to contact me personally upon your next reservation.

Sincerely

Business Development Manager
(807)473-2456
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
“Excellent Food, Great Service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ordered hot buffalo wings, and they were awesome! And we should know - we're wing experts.

We also had the kettle-style salt and malt vinegar chips which were perfect, crisp and cooked to perfection with the skins on.

In addition we had potato skins which were baked to perfection and stuffed with tasty toppings.

The house red wine was so good that I ordered a bottle to take back to the hotel room. The waitress provided a wine glass and a corkscrew to go. A bit pricey, but to be expected for a restaurant attached to a hotel and conference center out in the sticks.

• Visited August 2013
Dear kentdacanuck

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! As the Executive Chef my team and I are always proud to hear good positive remarks about our food! We are happy you enjoyed your appetizers and I will pass your kind words on to our cooks. We look forward to serving you your next meal!

Kind Regards
Anthony Rojik, Executive Chef
Glenpool, Oklahoma
“Good food, service and view!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The Cliffhanger Restaurant is attached to the Best Western Nor'Wester. We ate dinner and breakfast at the Cliffhanger. The food was prepared as ordered and the selection was broad enough for most tastes. The view out the window is beautiful. The grounds are well kept and the Nor'Wester Mountains are a very good backdrop. The waitress told us that many weddings are held on the grounds. We can understand why. The food, service and view were well worth the dining choice.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank oilton28
emartineznw, Manager of Business Development at Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear oilton28 TripAdvisor Senior Contributor,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Cliffhanger Restaurant & Bar. We are happy to hear that you experienced breakfast and dinner and that everything was prepared as ordered and that you found the selection broad enough for most tastes!

We thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards,