“A Little Taste Of Italy”
Review of Bar Italia

Bar Italia
Ranked #35 of 297 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Probably the best italian food in thunder bay. We went for a birthday party and the service was amazing and always asked how our meal was. All the food came on time and it was very delicious. They had a great menu with very reasonable prices. I definitely recommend eating here on any occasion.

1  Thank ANON769
There are newer reviews for Bar Italia

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went there for our anniversary dinner. First of all...don't bring any children there because they are not welcome. After waiting 40 minutes, my sons noodles arrived...after another 5 mins, my husband received his meal...as I waited for my meal, my husband and son already finished theirs. Not once did the snooty waitress ask how everything was. Finally a waitress came to clear the plates and my husband stated "my wife never got her meal"..she just rolled her eyes and walked away. The original waitress then came back and blamed it on the kitchen without any sort of apology. Not even when we went to pay did we get an apology...maybe they were annoyed because we had our 5 yr old with us. Will never go back there.

2  Thank Laney J
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Excellent food and the pizza is one of the best in the city. Casual atmosphere and very reasonable prices. Family run and friendly service.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've been to B.I several times usually for pasta. A friend recommended the drumsticks & pizza~ and wow what a choice! You get a choice of 6 or 12 drumsticks which are deep fried with a hot chicken wing sauce! Delish! It's a meal in itself & the sauce is amazing! Pizza very good as well great thin pizza with a fabulous crust!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Bar Italia is now operated by the founder's daughter and the first thing I missed was his personality.
It is not a place I visit often, but the food seems to be consistent each time I do.
The restaurant is liquor licensed and there is an acceptable selection of wines.
The dining room is split more or less in two by the bar, the atmosphere is average.
Service was a little iffy had to ask for balsamic and olive oil to dip our bread in and for milk for our tea.
I tried their seafood pizza which was better than average with calamari, shrimp and clams, my guests tried the panzaroti with meat balls....huge and very good, the meat lovers pizza, very good and my wife the penne pasta, tomato sauce and hot sausage, excellent.
Dessert was offered but we were all already full.
There is adequate parking behind and to the left of the building.