“Expected more”

Dining options: Reservations
TBay
“Expected more”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

After reading good reviews of this restaurant I expected to go there and have an excellent meal, but I have to honestly say I'm puzzled and disappointed. There was nothing special about the food, as the sauce on everything we ordered was like thin overused Ragu, mediocre ingredients (cheap canned mushrooms, old onion, oversalty everything) crusts that tasted like really old grease...I'm glad I didn't take someone there to impress for a nice dinner! I would not recommend it unless you were friends of the owners or something. Even the dessert was old like it had been sitting in the fridge for 3 days. Decent espresso.

• Visited November 2012

Thunder Bay, Canada
“Actual home cooked meal ....southern italian style”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Honestly, I am writing this review because it is long over due with the quality of food that you find. My wife and I frequent restaurants on the weekend, and we found that expensive high class restaurants are starting to have poor service. All this money and still poor service. So we started going to real authentic cultural restaurants. Bar Italia makes wonderful pastas, panzerottis, pizzas all with wonderful staff. It is priced very well and you can enjopy a night as a couple without breaking the bank. As well, it is perfect take. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Thunder Bay.

• Visited August 2012
Kingston, Canada
“A Real Taste of Italy”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This restaurant reminded me of several I had visited while in Italy (Rome) many years ago. The food was fabulous, very authentic and reasonably priced. The cappuccino is excellent and the atmosphere is very "Italian". The place is modestly decorated but very homey and pleasant.

• Visited May 2011
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Very good!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

They make really good panzarotti. The service is very good as well.

Thunder Bay, Ontario
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Nice family run restaurant. Great pizza and friendly atmosphere. Pizza is authentic thin crust with fresh toppings.

• Visited August 2011