TripAdvisor
Thunder Bay
Post
Inbox
Search

“Where to eat at Christmas Eve! Great Food Open till later than anywhere else.”
Review of Mr Chinese

Mr Chinese
Ranked #85 of 340 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Dining options: Delivery
Description: When you are craving delicious Chinese food at affordable prices, come to Mr. Chinese in Thunder Bay. We are open seven days a week, you can always know that you can come to our restaurant hungry and leave happy. Whether you want to enjoy the welcoming atmosphere in our dining room, or you want eat in the privacy of your own home, you're food will taste great. Call today to place an order.
Reviewed January 16, 2019

Thanks Mr. Chinese to be open on Christmas 2018! All Restaurants in Thunder Bay closed at 3pm we had some family members over for Christmas Eve and needed supper! We had ordered for pick up for 6pm. The food was hot and so good! Much better than sitting in a Hotel Room with cold food (as one restaurant said to pick up food early as they close at 3pm.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (76)

Reviewed January 5, 2019

I ordered from Mr Chinese for the first time recently and was quite impressed. I ordered a dinner plate which came with chicken balls, fried rice and sweet and sour shrimp, and I added on an order of spring rolls. The dinner combo came with a good sized portion, about 4 chicken balls, 4 shrimp and a heaping pile of rice. Everything was really tasty and I was happy to have leftovers for the next day. The restaurant was really busy when I picked up my order, but the staff were really friendly and my order was ready earlier than anticipated. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant if you have a craving for Chinese food.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

1 of the worst chinese in T bay... dry no taste . Servers are nasty...Chinese express is 100 times better.

Date of visit: November 2018
3  Thank Mike G
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

What I love about Mr Chinese is that it is one of the few places we can bring my grandma who has dementia and uses a walker. They staff are always accommodating by bringing a smaller portion of sweet and sour sauce, offerings refills often and bringing extra utensils. The food is always delicious with generous portions. I will go every time I am in Thunder Bay.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank lionlooksright
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Dropped in (4 adults) on Sunday August 12 for supper. Restaurant was not busy although take out seemed brisk. There were at least 3 serving staff, one on the phone looking bored and annoyed, one stayed behind the counter and another cleaned a table once. Never got waited on. Left after maybe 20 minutes to a knotted face of one of the wait staff. Went next door to a place called Chonese Express and had an enjoyable meal and time.

Date of visit: August 2018