“Good food”

Sweet G's Family Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 301 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A good little restaurant to eat at with home cooked food. Prices were good and they were just getting into serving wine & beer. Fish fry Fridays are not quite up to snuff. Fish was overcooked but my Salisbury steak was great!! Pie after supper was soooo GGGOOOODDDDD!! Give this little place a try :)

Reviewed August 3, 2013

After paying a lot of money for less than exceptional food in the heart of Thunder Bay, my family and I decided to branch out a bit. We stumbled upon Sweet G's Family Restaurant and were incredibly impressed. Upon walking in, it wasn't very full, but what was really great was it wasn't loud or abrasive at all. In fact, it was a very peaceful place. Our waitress was wonderful. My family being from Wisconsin, we hadn't heard of many of the Finnish dishes they served, but the waitress was more than happy to explain what everything was, and her recommendations were spot on. The food we ordered was absolutely delicious--by far the best meal we've had in Thunder Bay.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This family restaurant has been taken over by new management. We like to go out for a good homecooked meal sometimes in a family atmosphere. This place fits the bill. The liver and onions is so tender you can cut it with a fork. Actually everything I have tried has been great. The staff are very friendly too. I would recomment this place if you want good home style food at a decent price. As of yet they dont serve alcohol but I dont care about that. Average price for two adults for suppper is about 30 dollars. Cant wait to go back.

1  Thank mskittyOntario