“Dissapointed first try” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bight Restaurant + Bar

Bight Restaurant + Bar
Ranked #17 of 285 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thunder Bay
“Dissapointed first try”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went with a medium-sized group for a b'day party.Almost all were not happy. Very slow ser4vice, although wait person was good at her job.Meals were quite inferior. Filet was very dissapointing. Veggie burger was not good. Other meals were so-so. Fish was greasy.
Great goat cheese and flatbread starter. Caesar salad was very mild.
All in all not a good experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Robert A

Ontario
“Decent food, poor poor service and attitude:(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been to Bight twice and likely will not be back, strictly based on hearing about too many bad experiences. The first time I went, the food was pretty good and our waiter was great. Second time I went, they had nothing available. They have a pretty limited menu to start and after choosing two items only to be told they were out of both of them, I felt like I was settling on dinner that I didn't want to eat. My friend and I each ordered an appetizer and shared a pizza...we were there for 3 hours!!! Kind of ridiculous for such a simple meal. That my my own personal bad experience.

Being a new restaurant, of course people try it out and they talk of their experiences. I have heard far too many bad things about this place that simply make me not want to contribute to their business. Three separate groups of people that I have spoken to have been asked to wrap up their dinner and leave because there was a reservation coming in and the table was needed. WHO DOES THAT?!?!? A friend of mine actually spoke with the owner a few days after and she said, "I'm not calling you a liar, but my manager wouldn't have said that". So yes, you are calling her a liar because the manager personally told their table of 5 that they couldnt finish their coffee and had to leave the restaurant so they could sit the reservation that was coming in. I would definitely recommend to Bight that reservations is not their strong suit and should probably refrain from taking them as they don't seem to be able to manage their time. After sharing that story with friends at work, they said their kid works in the kitchen at Bight and has first hand seen and heard a manager asking other tables to leave to accommodate a reservation that was coming in. I just can't support a restaurant that has such a poor attitude and poor customer service skills. Rude doesn't begin to describe it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank butterflysm
Thunder Bay, Canada
“A must stop for travellers to Thunder Bay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent food. Excellent location. Great atmosphere. Bight is another jewel for the new Thunder Bay waterfront. The menu has a variety of price points and foods. From delicious flat bread pizzas to fish and chips. In winter enjoy the skaters on the pond adjacent to the restaurant. In summer watch sail boats come in.

• Visited December 2012
Thunder Bay, Canada
“?Rude?!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

On Good Friday my relatives and I were walking along the waterfront. We were surprised to see that Bight was opened so decided to go in for lunch. Upon entering the restaurant, I observed only a few tables were taken. When I told the (very young appearing) hostess that there were 9 of us, I was promptly chastised (I felt) for not having made a rerservation...I calmly informed the (never having smlled) hostess that if there was not space for us we would go somewhere else. However, we were seated and promptly attended to by a nice waiter. Several other tables were filled during the time we were there but it was never busy. We waited 30+minutes for our food to arrive...?? Food was okay... I agree with a previous reviewer that if Bight wants to compete with the other quality restaurants in town they need to improve their attitude towards customers as well as there approach to customer service (we should not feel like we are an inconvenience). Also, given the likely busyiness of the waterfront, I would expect that speed of service should be improved.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Laurie R
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed this restaurant a number of times, our in-laws joined and we had a wonderful time.

The honey and scallions pizza was a nice appetizer for the table, we ordered the fish and chips, flakey and homemade chips with a nice homemade ketchup.