“Upscale Chinese Japanese”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Upscale, fine food, beautiful decor.

Serving from a buffet, and a-la-carte.

Take your time and enjoy the evening out.

5  Thank CaesarJBSquitti

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love sashimi & sushi. The salmon is always fresh. The girls know what I drink andI am treated with repsect from the moment I walk through the door. The cooks on the grill are responsive and give a kind greeting. I tend to skip the food in the buffet line but they are plentiful and fresh as well. It is my regular lunch place. One of the best restaurants to open in Thunder Bay in very long time. I have taken several celebrities there who are also impressed with what we have in Thunder Bay. I eat there at least once per week.

3  Thank mushkiki
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went with 3 friends to Tokyo House last night - the food was great, and the service was great from the waitress. I like the idea of being able to take food from the buffet, order from the counter, and order from the menu all for the same price. Let's me try a variety of things and not being forced to only either pick from the menu or the buffet.

The thing I would like to see changed is when it comes time to pay the bill - I do not find it efficient or convenient to have to stand in a line up to pay. Paying at the table would be a quicker and nicer way, especially for those of us who like to go to the show or elsewhere after dinner. We stood in line for 15 min to pay our bill tonight which we all found rediculous.

3  Thank JoanneG3
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I tried to write Tokyo House up last summer after we stumbled upon it but it was not listed yet! So happy now to be able to comment on its excellent value and fabulous food. Although their selection process was a little confusing (even with the patient and friendly explanations), the place is amazing with the very best Asian food, tons of choice, and just a great vibe for eating. At the back they have the made-to-order grill with great selections; there is fabulous sushi, and a whole dessert bar. Service was so attentive and the host so helpful and nice. The room has been nicely done over from its previous incarnation and is pleasant and roomy. Easy to get to on the main drag with lots of parking. I live in Alberta and can only get there on vacation but I hope local Thunder Bayites properly appreciate this gem of a restaurant!

6  Thank DLCAlberta
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We go to Tokyo House all the time. We have never had a restaurant that we frequented in this way before! For under $30 you can get an appetizer, main course, sides and dessert and on top of all that, you can have as much of it as you want! Hot buffet, cold buffet, full menu, grilling station and dessert bar, all included. The staff are so friendly and hard working, and always recognize us and thank us for returning. Be sure to try the hot saki (alcohol). You may not fall in love with it right away, but I promise if you keep sipping it, you will not be able to stop and before you know it you'll be ordering another bottle!

4  Thank Gill13013