“Great atmosphere”

The Foundry
Ranked #55 of 300 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: Gastropub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Foundry is a Modern Take on the Traditional Neighbourhood Pub with a Keen Focus on Upscale Pub Fare with Unique and Tasty Dishes, Mouthwatering Desserts, and the Most Draught and Craft Brew on Tap in Thunder Bay while Hosting Entertainment 5 Days a Week. Everyday is the Weekend at The Foundry.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I would not go back here for the food, it might look great but the taste just isn't there. The atmosphere of the place though excellent and great for just casual drinks with friends.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I love this restaurant because they aren't afraid to try new and creative creations on the menu. The food tastes great, and the ambience of the place is very nice.

1  Thank Amie C
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've been to the Foundry a couple times and each time was absolutely amazing. The atmosphere is incredible and all the staff are pleasant and competent. One night it was absolutely crazy busy, and although the food took longer to get to our table (as is expected), the server never forgot an item, apologized for the delay each time, and the food was fantastic.

The best appetizer is the dill pickle chips. They are a must try. Seriously.

The menu is diverse with options for everyone, and there is generally a newly crafted item from the brain of Head Chef Derek. The first time I went there I ordered Pizza Rolls - which are all the items you'd find on a pizza stuffed into a flavoured tortilla. It was incredible and filling.

Anytime I'm in the downtown section, I will always choose the Foundry as my destination!

1  Thank Jess P
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went to have a couple drinks with my friends and I was told they had the best mozza sticks. I was not prepared for the sausage size cheesy goodness that i received! That along with the great service our waitress gave us, helping us find drinks we would like, and taking the time to explain them all. I definitely will be returning soon.

1  Thank barr-lmnop
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The food, the service, the beer, the cocktails. The entire atmosphere is wonderful. Sometimes parking is ridiculous; but it's downtown PA, it's expected.
Have always enjoyed every moment. Entertainment is fab as well....and the price is RIGHT

2  Thank Behhna