“Truly amazed” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Foundry
Ranked #51 of 285 Restaurants in Thunder Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian, Grill, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Foundry is a Modern Take on the Traditional Neighbourhood Pub with a Keen Focus on Upscale Pub Fare with Unique and Tasty Dishes, Mouthwatering Desserts, and the Most Draught and Craft Brew on Tap in Thunder Bay while Hosting Entertainment 5 Days a Week. Everyday is the Weekend at The Foundry.
“Truly amazed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Went to the foundry for the first time on Friday, and wow the food is out of this world .. Probably the best I've had in this city !! The whole vibe of the foundry is breath taking and relaxing. As you as you step foot in there you know your going to have a great time !!! I would highly recommend this place!! Big kudos to the chef, your menu is to die for!

The foundry is the only place I will go from now on! It's about time we had a solid place to go in this town!!!!

3 Thank RockinGal29

Thunder Bay, Canada
“just Meh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Situation, came by on the wednesday night with some coworkers to crush a few beers as it was cheap nite for on tap brews.
Was looking forward for a revisit as the last time i was nonplussed by food, good with service and impressed by the decor.
On a good note, had an more impressive lineup of beers added in the last few months.
Bad note, very bad, service tonite with a very sparse wednesday night crowd was as slow as molasses running uphill on a cold winter morning. It was so slow on fella shouted to the bartender for our waiter . He appeared 5 minutes later , while people had resorted to going to the bar.
At this juncture , some other then decided to not order food, of the two that did , one person had the macaroni and cheese and said she liked it, very cheesy and tasty, volume wise i could have eaten a few bowls.
The deep fried pickles were still on the menu...an overpriced item that should be removed as i have met many who have partaken and few who have finished, out of choice, and all finding
them expensive.

On one note a few others, added they had eaten wings elsewhere as the wings here were priced too high at 14 bucks a pound and they felt unless wrapped with edible gold leaf....not worth it.
As the evening slipped on and slow drink service continued we slipped out after a few wobbly pops to the sovereign room down the street.
So foundry whats the scoop? Consistancy poor. A upscale environ that
is certain, but an upscale price , with inconsistent service.
After a few merely meh experiences paying good money for again meh food , do i chance on coming in for real food fair and try and entree?
The foundrys cause of existence i have heard is music first ( thus the stage and incredible sound system under the stairs) food second.
Its shows, and while we were only in for finger food and beer, the approach here is lacking for a basic food fare, tsk tsk
again I say,dare I dive in deeper?
Its seem quality control is not consistent and management oversight, is lacking.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Bob F
“Surprise Party at The Foundry a Success!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been to The Foundry twice now and loved it both times!

I grew up in Thunder Bay, but don't live there anymore. Since The Foundry opened in July of 2012, it is a "must hit" spot on my list of places to visit while I'm home.

My first visit was last July, right after they had first opened. Our server, Josh treated my girlfriend and I like gold and the food was amazing (we had the deep fried pickles and a feature salad). Chef Derek came out to see how our experience was. He was so passionate while explaining his plans for The Foundry's menu. We also met Dane, the owner, on this visit. What an amazing guy! We stayed thatmuntil the band came on. The Foundry turns into a live music venue late night. Amazing!

My second visit was to throw my husband a surprise 35th birthday party on February 16, 2013. From start to finish, The Foundry showed us a great time! We were truly spoiled! Shayla, our server, made sure we had exactly what we needed. Chef Derek and his team did an amazing job on the food and the service and atmosphere were second to none! I had the deep fried pickles (which are now a must on every visit!) and beef carpaccio (yum!). Our party was impressed with the food and all said they would be back again for dinner very soon!

I can't wait to visit Thunder Bay this summer to try their lunch menu and a few summer cocktails!

Thanks Team Foundry for being Awesome!

4 Thank Katie H
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“"By far the best meal i have ever had"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had the rack of ribs and the Wrap, flavors in both were explosive! Head Chef made a apperance at our table! Very nice and friendly staff! Will defaintly go back, was worth the trip from Edmonton! Would recommend this restaurant to everyone i know! If your looking for flavor, quality, and a amazing night out, The Foundry is where it can be found!!!

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Scott S
“Everything was more than I could ask for!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food was first off the best of the best! So delicious, even got personal greetings from the professional chef !!! Def great service and the atmosphere and overall experience was amazing!! I know where I'm going next time I head out!!

2 Thank mallyyy